RE: [hr100] Greetings Finishers of Hardrock 2006!

  • azsmokin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 12 7:10 AM
      Hello Andrea,

      To me the food doesn't matter.

      As far as comfort, your smiling face is all I'll need.

      Miles of smiles.

      Bob Bachani

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 12 9:20 PM
        Harvey Krishna, all yoooooooooooooou groovy lil' barefoot hairport
        pamphleteers!

        This then, my UMcompadres-in-that-river-of-the-same-name, comprises
        everything that I would list on my DON'T WANT list:

        From: "Naeem Ravat" <I mean no disrespect; after all, doesn't this man run
        entire city marathons--just loaded with little rocks, broken glass, and,
        ugh, pavement--and doesn't he do it barefoot? He therefore deserves, and
        has, my utmost respect. Hey, I'm only yakkin' 'bout food here! ;>
        Date: Monday, June 12, 2006 4:56 PM

        good eats: Naan N Currie on Telegraph
        so good, so cheap...
        recommend: chicken tikka masala, palak gosht, and plain naan... and don't
        forget the all you can drink chai.

        good eats: Julies on Bancroft
        If you're there on a magical Friday when a Sufi Master is leading the
        community in Zikr invocations, wird, ratib then you will get a plentiful and
        tasty free malay, thai, polynesian meal

        good coffe shop: Strada on Bancroft at College
        An eclectic cafe where you here people saying things like -
        "I don't like the coffee, not impressed with the tea and pastries.. but I
        LOVE STRADA! The only place near campus where I can sit on the outside patio
        with a Pomegranite Italian Soda, smoke my cancer sticks and sketch people at
        nearby tables.
        - By favorite place to be a notebook bandit.
        - Oh, and AirBears is strong here - yay for student wireless!"

        . . .

        ...And then [in a VW microbus loaded with baking soda, asbestos hazmat
        suits, and implements of fire extinguishation] I went to Miami.

        Cheers, Salaams and Namaste,

        ( O_O )

        Whoa.

        The sliced cheers, bite-size salaams, and pureed nasty little namastes I can
        handle, but please, dear Andrea,

        NO
        ===

        Currie (cheap or otherwise), chicken tikka masala, palak gosht, plain
        naan... and chai!

        NO
        ===

        Sufi Master, Zikr invocations, wird, ratib, malay (tasty, free, or
        otherwise), thai, or polynesia!

        NO
        ===

        Strada on Bancroft (at College or elsewhere), tea and pastries, Pomegranite
        Italian Soda, smoke, cancer slim jims, sketch people, notebooks, bandits,
        AirBears, or wireless!

        BUT ALMOST
        ===========

        ...any *other* near-poison on the face of the planet is OK by me.

        Eh?

        - -
        00
        >)

        With just a pinch between the teeth an' gums, and
        tongue firmly wedged up against the left inside cheek,

        Softrocks Rick

        "Here," as Larry my mentor would say, "have some salt."

        --

        "That right there is a gold vein, Rich. Now. How ya gonna get it
        own?" -Cappis

        "Running provides little happiness which is no different from lack of
        pleasure. Happiness has only to do with shacking up with somethin'
        mind-blowingly hot back at the cabin. And I AIN'T talkin' about
        food!" -Limmickur

        "Only those who risk dropping off the cliffs of the earth can possibly he
        kept hidden long enough to never have to pay their insurance claim" -Gecko,
        the GEICO pitch-lizard

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 12 9:27 PM
          Rats!

          This darn typewriter!!!

          That word was supposed to be "down" not "own"!

          Sorry.
          As you were.
          Please keep sleeping.
          - Limmickur
        • TheTroubadour

            From: "Naeem Ravat" <I mean no disrespect; after all, doesn't this man run
            Date: Monday, June 12, 2006 4:56 PM

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 20 7:10 AM
              Hey Scott - Hope your training has been going well and you are all
              rested and ready for another round of self inflicted fun! Just
              wondering when you are heading out there and where you are staying - I
              plan on heading out the 1st, so prob be there the 3rd and am planning
              on camping for the first week, then I have a room in the avon (I think
              the 8th on but Ill have to double check that as I no longer seem to
              have a memory) - anyway, if folks are camping together I was just
              looking to hook up - as I'm assuming the dates this yr,being the 4th
              that its gonna be packed. Lemme know - jeff

              "Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

              and IM. All on demand. Always Free.
            • Klondike4@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 20 7:15 AM
                Sorry Y'all - thought I was sending that back to scott b - obviously
                lacking more than memory cells, jeff w

                "Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde