Re: [hr100] Greetings Finishers of Hardrock 2006!

  • Jennifer Roach
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 11, 2006
      Dear Andrea,
      This is a very nice offer for the finishers.

      How about ice cold orange juice to raise those blood sugars? (or ice
      cold Cokes and Sprite to quell post race nausea?)

      Jennifer Roach

      kaitainen wrote:
      > Howdy all,
      > I will not be running this year, but I will be feeding you all as you
      > stagger/stride/march/dance/skip across the finish line as I am running
      > the Silverton Aid Station in the high school gym.
      >
      > What kind of comfort, post-run food would you most like to see that
      > might be lacking in the other aid stations? I am definitely
      > gravitating towards the warm and goopy, like oatmeal, soup, pudding,
      > mashed potatoes, etc.
      >
      > If you have other ideas, please let me know.
      >
      > Take care, and see you all soon!
      >
      > Andrea
      > andrea@...

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • azsmokin
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 12, 2006
        Hello Andrea,

        To me the food doesn't matter.

        As far as comfort, your smiling face is all I'll need.

        Miles of smiles.

        Bob Bachani

        I will not be running this year, but I will be feeding you all as you
        stagger/stride/march/dance/skip across the finish line as I am running
        the Silverton Aid Station in the high school gym.

        What kind of comfort, post-run food would you most like to see that
        might be lacking in the other aid stations? I am definitely
        gravitating towards the warm and goopy, like oatmeal, soup, pudding,
        mashed potatoes, etc.

        If you have other ideas, please let me know.

        Take care, and see you all soon!

        Andrea
        andrea@tenacity. <mailto:andrea%40tenacity.net> net

      • TheTroubadour
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 12, 2006
          Harvey Krishna, all yoooooooooooooou groovy lil' barefoot hairport
          pamphleteers!

          This then, my UMcompadres-in-that-river-of-the-same-name, comprises
          everything that I would list on my DON'T WANT list:

          From: "Naeem Ravat" <I mean no disrespect; after all, doesn't this man run
          entire city marathons--just loaded with little rocks, broken glass, and,
          ugh, pavement--and doesn't he do it barefoot? He therefore deserves, and
          has, my utmost respect. Hey, I'm only yakkin' 'bout food here! ;>
          Date: Monday, June 12, 2006 4:56 PM

          good eats: Naan N Currie on Telegraph
          so good, so cheap...
          recommend: chicken tikka masala, palak gosht, and plain naan... and don't
          forget the all you can drink chai.

          good eats: Julies on Bancroft
          If you're there on a magical Friday when a Sufi Master is leading the
          community in Zikr invocations, wird, ratib then you will get a plentiful and
          tasty free malay, thai, polynesian meal

          good coffe shop: Strada on Bancroft at College
          An eclectic cafe where you here people saying things like -
          "I don't like the coffee, not impressed with the tea and pastries.. but I
          LOVE STRADA! The only place near campus where I can sit on the outside patio
          with a Pomegranite Italian Soda, smoke my cancer sticks and sketch people at
          nearby tables.
          - By favorite place to be a notebook bandit.
          - Oh, and AirBears is strong here - yay for student wireless!"

          . . .

          ...And then [in a VW microbus loaded with baking soda, asbestos hazmat
          suits, and implements of fire extinguishation] I went to Miami.

          Cheers, Salaams and Namaste,

          ( O_O )

          Whoa.

          The sliced cheers, bite-size salaams, and pureed nasty little namastes I can
          handle, but please, dear Andrea,

          NO
          ===

          Currie (cheap or otherwise), chicken tikka masala, palak gosht, plain
          naan... and chai!

          NO
          ===

          Sufi Master, Zikr invocations, wird, ratib, malay (tasty, free, or
          otherwise), thai, or polynesia!

          NO
          ===

          Strada on Bancroft (at College or elsewhere), tea and pastries, Pomegranite
          Italian Soda, smoke, cancer slim jims, sketch people, notebooks, bandits,
          AirBears, or wireless!

          BUT ALMOST
          ===========

          ...any *other* near-poison on the face of the planet is OK by me.

          Eh?

          - -
          00
          >)

          With just a pinch between the teeth an' gums, and
          tongue firmly wedged up against the left inside cheek,

          Softrocks Rick

          "Here," as Larry my mentor would say, "have some salt."

          --

          "That right there is a gold vein, Rich. Now. How ya gonna get it
          own?" -Cappis

          "Running provides little happiness which is no different from lack of
          pleasure. Happiness has only to do with shacking up with somethin'
          mind-blowingly hot back at the cabin. And I AIN'T talkin' about
          food!" -Limmickur

          "Only those who risk dropping off the cliffs of the earth can possibly he
          kept hidden long enough to never have to pay their insurance claim" -Gecko,
          the GEICO pitch-lizard

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 12, 2006
            Rats!

            This darn typewriter!!!

            That word was supposed to be "down" not "own"!

            Sorry.
            As you were.
            Please keep sleeping.
            - Limmickur
          • TheTroubadour

              From: "Naeem Ravat" <I mean no disrespect; after all, doesn't this man run
              Date: Monday, June 12, 2006 4:56 PM

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 20, 2006
                Hey Scott - Hope your training has been going well and you are all
                rested and ready for another round of self inflicted fun! Just
                wondering when you are heading out there and where you are staying - I
                plan on heading out the 1st, so prob be there the 3rd and am planning
                on camping for the first week, then I have a room in the avon (I think
                the 8th on but Ill have to double check that as I no longer seem to
                have a memory) - anyway, if folks are camping together I was just
                looking to hook up - as I'm assuming the dates this yr,being the 4th
                that its gonna be packed. Lemme know - jeff

                "Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

                and IM. All on demand. Always Free.
              • Klondike4@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 20, 2006
                  Sorry Y'all - thought I was sending that back to scott b - obviously
                  lacking more than memory cells, jeff w

                  "Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde