[hr100] HRH Course Marking Schedule

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2000
      Hello All,

      Thanks to prodding by Lance Goss, below is the tentative, almost certain to
      be changed, HRH course marking schedule for 2000. The most significant
      point is that on some days, John Cappis and I plan to mark different
      sections of the course. That approach will allow more backup days for
      unforseen problems with the course. If there are no problems, we plan to
      explore other trails in the San Juans on those days and anyone is welcome
      to join us. For folks who want to see both sections that are marked on the
      same day, I suggest you plan to follow the course markers on one section
      during one of the backup days.

      It is not possible to emphasise enough the dynamic nature of this schedule.
      It will change. The only way to know the current schedule is to stop by my
      house at 1354 Reese, Silverton for the next day's plan. At the end of the
      day, I will post the updated schedule in the porch.

      We plan to begin each day, including Saturday, June 24 at 7 AM. So, except
      for the sections John Cappis will lead from Telluride, be at my house ready
      to go. I do not guarantee transportation to the course marking mainly
      because John and I only have one vehicle each, each of those vehicles has a
      limited carrying capacity, and neither John nor I plan to be left behind.
      So, if you have a vehicle, particulary 4WD, please plan on helping with the
      transportation.

      Finally, if anyone you know or your crew wants to help srtip the course
      markers beginning Friday, July 7,and continuing until all the course is
      cleaned, please let me know. Hopefully, we will have enough srippers (that
      may not be politically correct terminology) so that nobody has to work more
      than one section of the course.

      Charlie Thorn

      Sat 6/24 Bear Creek (Silverton) - KT
      Sun 6/25 Chapman - KT
      Mon 6/26 Maggie - Cunningham - Arrastra
      Mon 6/26 Bear Cr Tr (Ouray) - Engineer Pass
      Tue 6/27 Sherman - Grouse Gulch
      Tue 6/27 Maggie - Sherman
      Wed 6/28 Backup - Explore other trails
      Thu 6/29 Backup - Explore other trails