Hardrock Lottery

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2006
      Hi Everyone,
      I guess we could call today the "Agony and the Ecstasy" A record number
      of qualified entries meant that the Hardrock Hundred Run Committee had a lot
      of work to do when we gathered this morning. If you haven't seen the results,
      they are posted on our homepage (thanks Blake Wood and Andrea Feucht for
      getting this together in such a timely fashion!).
      Congratulations to all of you who were selected, we look forward to
      seeing you in July. If you ended up on the wait list there are some options
      for you.
      a. It costs you nothing to remain on the wait list. We will hold your
      check and move you up as spots become available. In the past, those in the top
      25-30 were either able to secure a spot in the run or come very close (sorry I
      can't be more specific). Under current Hardrock entry policy, everyone who is
      on the wait list and doesn't get a chance to run this year will get an
      additional entry ticket if you apply for the 2007 Hardrock.
      b. If you would like us to remove you from the wait list please let us
      know. Unless otherwise requested, we will destroy your check and application
      upon you telling us that you would like to be removed.
      We will make regular updates to the accepted runners and wait list.
      Please check our homepage regularly.
      If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

      Dale Garland
      Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run
    • Deb Pero
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2006
        Hi Dale!

        I bet it is always a happy/sad/hard/fun task - knowing so many hopes and dreams are resting on how those tickets are pulled out of the hat.... but thanks for all your hard work.

        We feel pretty happy.... Steve is definitely in, and I have a good chance of getting in. Of course keep me on the wait list. I am happy to see some friends make it in, and equally sad that a couple are pretty far down on the wait list. it is truly the luck of the draw I guess!

        If you guys decided on the finisher's print entries today, please let me know. Last year I think I just kept waiting and it was weeks and weeks, so I'm just being a little more proactive this time around. Sorry if I am a pain the butt!

        We are aiming at July in Silverton as always - the highlight of our year. Not sure if our move will have been completed by then, my feeling is that we'll probably be moving shortly before the run, not enough time to help with acclimating, but at least the trip out will be somewhat closer. Steve is out in the mudroom now, installing new doors.. one of the last projects before we put the house on the market. And you know what that means.. I have to keep it clean AARRRGGGGHHHH! With two kids, a dog, a cat and several finches. That should be a fun task!

        Well, enjoy the Superbowl if you're watching it tonight. The two teams we were rooting for didn't make it, so we're not all that interested. Although I do like watching the beer commercials - they are always the best!

        take care,,...
        see you in July!!!!!!!
[...]

        Remotely operated vehicle Remotely anywhere

      • Blake P. Wood
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
          We will be conducting our Hardrock entry lottery this Sunday. As of today, we've received 345 entry applications for our 140 slots. A few more may show up in tomorrow's mail. The list of applicants is at http://www.run100s.com/HR/entriesreceived.html

          I'll put the lottery results up on the Hardrock web page at http://www.run100s.com/HR/ as soon as we've finished, probably early afternoon on Sunday.

          I know of at least one group that is holding a combination Superbowl/Hardrock Lottery party, so keep those computers handy while you're watching the TV.

          - Blake
        • Wood, Blake P
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9, 2012
            As stated on our web page (http://hardrock100.com<http://hardrock100.com/>) applications to next summer's Hardrock Hundred are due December 1. However, due to scheduling conflicts, we won't actually be holding the entry lottery until Sunday, December 16.

            We still want your applications by the December 1 deadline, since reviewing qualifications, determining how many lottery tickets each of ~1000 applicants gets, and actually setting up the mechanics of the three-part lottery (yes, we actually DO pull tickets from a jar) takes some time. The most recent list of applications received can be found on our web page. After December 1, we will issue a list of how many tickets we think each applicant has, so any discrepancies can be discovered and resolved before the lottery.

            We want everyone to know when the lottery will actually be held in case there are parties to be arramged, and so we don't get a gazillion emails on December 3 asking about the results.

            - Blake

            Blake Wood
            President, Hardrock Board of Directors