[hr100] Re: Night Light Choices : 135 grams

  • Roger Wiegand
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2000
      Lights: Unless you know the course really well, you need a big beam to pick
      out the reflectors from 100 yards away. I use a Maglite or something
      similar taking two D-Cells. A wrist strap is essential.

      I carry a small emergency flashlight at all times. The sort Hans-Dieter
      suggests might be appropriate for a spare flashlight.

      Roger

      Roger A. Wiegand
      http://www.math.unl.edu/~rwiegand

      Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:30:02 +0100

    • danar@us.ibm.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2000
        I carried a couple minimag flashlights that only take two AA batteries both
        times I ran Hardrock. The first time, I had never been on the course
        before. In spite of using small flashlights, I didn't have a problem
        seeing the markers or finding my way. I also use Lithium batteries because
        they are very light and last longer.

        Dana

        Dana Roueche
        Boulder, CO
        mailto:danar@...
        tieline: 419-7020, 6-7020
        Outside line: 303-354-7020
      • Carl & Sally Yates
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20, 2000
          Sounds similar to the Eternal Light available from Technology Associates Inc. (www.TECHASS.com)
          Reno NV 89503. New model $69 in nice shock resistant waterproof case with a lanyard. Also have a Starknife with 1 diode mounted in a neat little knife that will last 12 hrs. and plenty of emergency lighting for $12.95. Hard to believe these f you haven't used them. I used the old Eternal Light at HR last year. Unfortunately only one night. I tried to charge the batteries after but they were still fully charged. Carl

          http://click.egroups.com/1/1470/1/_/382674/_/953528241/