Re: [hr100] Digest Number 468

  • Hans-Dieter Weisshaar
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2005
      Hi to all of you there,

      Karl and Hal and Mike did a great race at San Diego. On their way back I
      met them, Karl after about 60 miles just a bit ahead, fresh and strong,
      Hal in a good mood but a bit dehydrated, Mike was easily dancing down
      the hills and answered my report, Karl is about half an hour ahead of
      you: That's okay, Hans. Hal was after the race really excited: It was
      really a run, he said. They must have had a nice competition almost all
      the time. Congrats to all of them!
      Karl did 1724, Eric Clifton last year (it was a different course, about
      30 minutes more difficult than the original course this year) made the
      record to 1948.

      The same story as three Hardrocks ago: Karl first and I last of the
      finishers. No picture this time, Karl was already on his long drive back
      to SLC.

      I believe, Karl is this the only candidate for the ULTRARUNNER of the
      year 2005: He did win Hardrock 100, Wasatch 100, The Bear 100 and San
      Diego 100. Three of these races have been COURSE RECORDS:

      Third time Hardrock winner with holding the records of both directions,
      the difficult snow condition this year made another courserecord
      impossible, otherwise, who knows.
      Five time Wasatch winner with a course record again. This 2001 (?)
      changed course is about 30-45 minutes more dificult than the Sundance
      finishing one.
      Two times The Bear winner again with a new course record (Hal Koerner
      did win the other editions of The Bear).
      San Diego winner with a course record: 1724 after Eric Cliftons 1948
      last year.

      "Monomanic" to 100 miles I have no clou of other victories he made in
      the "sprint"races.

      Who will beat that?

      Actually he emailed to me in the morning after being back in SLC Monday
      at 10 am, mentioning the amount af 100-races he did this year:
      "I think I will stop at 3. My body is now officially hammered!"
      Don't mind, Karl, my legs still hurt too.

      See all of you next year in Silverton, unhammered and fully recovered.
      Have a nice and pleasant time until then

      Hans