Re: Hardrock pictures.

  • Michael Bur
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2005
      Boy, you pace someone to a glorious crash and burn
      mile 90 DNF at Massanutten and this is the thanks
      you get!(Have you ever seen a "question mark" run?
      The Troubadour's back was so wrenched, that's
      *exactly* what he looked like at that point...of
      course, being the ace pacer I am, I was still beating
      him like a rented mule and telling him how great he
      was doing). Limmicker, when you are ready to get
      rid of that MMT "visitors rock", let me know!

      Ok, so, I've corrected the units on my rate of climb
      in the photo captions.(in an earlier caption, I
      claimed to be climbing at 2100ft/min, yowsa!)

      So to answer, why snapfish? I don't particularly
      care for the whole registration thing at any web
      site but the clever person can complete all that
      without giving away any real direct information
      including using a disposable/throwaway email address.

      You *did* use a throwaway, didn't you Rich?!?!

      See, I'm still in the dark ages with my camera.
      Alot of the kids here won't remember these
      contraptions but once upon a time, you had to actually
      load these little film canisters into a camera, the
      film was exposed and then you had it chemically
      processed to reveal the image. I still use one of
      those. So, for 5 bucks(which includes the mailing
      to and from), I can send snapfish my film,
      they will process it, return the negatives and a
      single set of prints *and* scan the images into my
      account so that I can then organize them, caption them
      and share them via the web if I want. NFI in
      snapfish but if you're still in the dark ages like
      me, the bang for the buck for what you get isn't bad.

      It's actually funny when I take a picture of my nieces

      and then they run up to me wanting to see the picture
      on the back of the camera. I have to explain to them
      that the pictures are "stuck" inside the camera and
      it takes awhile to "get them out" so they'll have to
      wait until next time to actually see the picture.
      This disappoints and baffles them.

      Mike Bur