Re: Hardrock pictures.

  • TheTroubadour
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2005
      Hokay, so like, what do Mike Bur, jet planes, and the
      Discovery shuttle all have in common?

      Give up?

      [There's some slight hint contained amidst all these
      below-mentioned Hard Luck pics. :-]

      Now do ya give up?

      [Check out the innocent-enough photo of Our Hero striding
      into Telluride .-]

      For sure you are all *now* giving up, right? On accounta
      how not one o' yous has actually in fact just now
      pointed-and-clicked-and-logged-onto and... given that damned
      "Snapfish" all your personal and private e-information!

      (That's an easy one to call. What the hell do we gotta give
      our whole FBI file to a web pic site for, huh? Do I now
      gotta worry about even MORE spam jamming my
      already-overclogged inbox? Is Luigi gonna show up soon with
      his friends on my front porch? Will my next tax return be
      audited??? :-(

      All right, I'm gonna tell you what The Man Who Shot Dead
      That Dude on the Ten Dollar Bill's most law-abiding
      strangely distant cousin Mike has in common with today's jet
      aircraft and orbiting space shuttles:

      They can ALL claim to be "slowing" occasionally--like due to
      fatigue or other political disappointments--to a climb rate
      of ONLY 1,200 FEET PER MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

      Whoa.

      Next Hardrock I do, if I can only force myself to scale back
      to a feeble climb rate like Mike's after Telluride, I could
      possibly complete the whole race in 1,650 seconds. (27.5
      minutes)

      "Compute gently out there."

      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...

      Yankee Folly of the Day: Two-and-a-half years and how many
      billions of dollars later, and the same kinds of chunks of
      the same kind of tile falls off. Hey, NASA? Maybe instead
      of K-Mart, try shopping at Home Depot!

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2005
        Boy, you pace someone to a glorious crash and burn
        mile 90 DNF at Massanutten and this is the thanks
        you get!(Have you ever seen a "question mark" run?
        The Troubadour's back was so wrenched, that's
        *exactly* what he looked like at that point...of
        course, being the ace pacer I am, I was still beating
        him like a rented mule and telling him how great he
        was doing). Limmicker, when you are ready to get
        rid of that MMT "visitors rock", let me know!

        Ok, so, I've corrected the units on my rate of climb
        in the photo captions.(in an earlier caption, I
        claimed to be climbing at 2100ft/min, yowsa!)

        So to answer, why snapfish? I don't particularly
        care for the whole registration thing at any web
        site but the clever person can complete all that
        without giving away any real direct information
        including using a disposable/throwaway email address.

        You *did* use a throwaway, didn't you Rich?!?!

        See, I'm still in the dark ages with my camera.
        Alot of the kids here won't remember these
        contraptions but once upon a time, you had to actually
        load these little film canisters into a camera, the
        film was exposed and then you had it chemically
        processed to reveal the image. I still use one of
        those. So, for 5 bucks(which includes the mailing
        to and from), I can send snapfish my film,
        they will process it, return the negatives and a
        single set of prints *and* scan the images into my
        account so that I can then organize them, caption them
        and share them via the web if I want. NFI in
        snapfish but if you're still in the dark ages like
        me, the bang for the buck for what you get isn't bad.

        It's actually funny when I take a picture of my nieces

        and then they run up to me wanting to see the picture
        on the back of the camera. I have to explain to them
        that the pictures are "stuck" inside the camera and
        it takes awhile to "get them out" so they'll have to
        wait until next time to actually see the picture.
        This disappoints and baffles them.

        Mike Bur
        Kensington,MD