Lost and Found

  • Deb Pero
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2005
      It seems we can't make it home with all our gear. I didn't realize, until we were already on the road, that a brand new pair of Montrail Vitesse. size 9 women's, never made it back with my drop bag from Ouray. Is it possible that someone could check the lost and found box and mail them back? I will repay whatever postage is necessary.

      deb p.
      back in high oxygen, high humidity New Hampshire....

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 13, 2005
        Hi Deb (and everyone else)!
        Thanks for a great weekend! We really enjoyed seeing all of you. The
        last I saw the lost and found box it was in the gym. I would suggest that
        people who have lost something contact Lois McKenzie (our aid station
        director) to see where it went. Her e-mail is skunkears@.... Hope
        everyone is getting some rest!
        Dale Garland

        On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:24:40 -0400
        "Deb Pero" <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
        > It seems we can't make it home with all our gear. I didn't realize, until
        >we were already on the road, that a brand new pair of Montrail Vitesse. size
        >9 women's, never made it back with my drop bag from Ouray. Is it possible
        >that someone could check the lost and found box and mail them back? I will
        >repay whatever postage is necessary.
        >
        > deb p.
        > back in high oxygen, high humidity New Hampshire....

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Lois MacKenzie
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 13, 2005
          Yup, it be true. I indeed have the lost and found box and there is quite a bit of stuff in it. I will get to you asap. Am still getting rid of perishable foods.

          Dale Garland <hardrock100@...> wrote:Hi Deb (and everyone else)!

          "Deb Pero" <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
          > It seems we can't make it home with all our gear. I didn't realize, until
          >we were already on the road, that a brand new pair of Montrail Vitesse. size
          >9 women's, never made it back with my drop bag from Ouray. Is it possible
          >that someone could check the lost and found box and mail them back? I will
          >repay whatever postage is necessary.
          >
          > deb p.
          > back in high oxygen, high humidity New Hampshire....

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          ---------------------------------

          When I was a child in Silverton, one of the older boys
          started calling me Skunk Ears. I went to my father pouting
          about it. He told me skunks have cute ears. That made
          everything o.k., and the boy stopped using the name.
        • Deb Pero
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 13, 2005
            You can mail the food with the shoes! we got home to totally empty frig and cabinets. We'll even eat instant soup!

            thanks for checking... let me know if I need to send postage in advance!
            deb

            ---------------------------------

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 13, 2005
              Oh, darn, I thought I had a new pair of shoes! Let me know what you want me to do with them.
              LMac
              The Mountains just aren't the same without you guys!

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 13, 2005
                If it is possible for you to put them in a box and mail them, I will refund whatever the postage is. No hurry in getting them here, just regular parcel post is fine.
                mailing address is
                121 Dean Farm Rd.
                Jaffrey,NH 03452
                muchas gracias!!!

                we miss all you guys!!! We're unpacking from the trip, the car is finally empty, and so are our hearts!!
                ps. Tucker the dog never wants to see the back of the car again!

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 13, 2005
                  I'd say from the smell of both, they would be confiscated as WMDs by now.

                  Deb Pero <mtnrunner02@...> wrote: You can mail the food with the shoes! we got home to totally empty frig and cabinets. We'll even eat instant soup!

                  ---------------------------------

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 13, 2005
                    that wo uld be true of the OLD shoes..... we had to drive home for two days with them in the car..... we needed the Haz Mat team to unload them!

                    who else eats left over drop bag food when they get home?????
                    I just enjoyed a melted glob of Junior Mints in a baggie. yum....

                    ---------------------------------

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 13, 2005
                      In a message dated 7/13/2005 1:46:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                      mtnrunner02@... writes:
                      who else eats left over drop bag food when they get home?????
                      I just enjoyed a melted glob of Junior Mints in a baggie. yum....
                      I thought we agreed to call that a Senior Mint :-)

                      I loved getting to meet you and Steve this year. I'll always remember getting
                      dirty on Handies, and Steve was such a welcome presence (and flashlight) when
                      I came out of the water at South Mineral.

                      Take care, both of you, and I'll see you next year!
                      Chris from Florida