Eolus, Sunlight, Windom on Wed. night

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2005
      If anyone would like to join us, Patrick Lilly and I plan to climb Eolus,
      Sunlight and Windom Wed. night and Thurs. from the Purgatory trailhead 20
      miles south of Silverton. This is a 36 mile hike/run with 10,000 ft. climb
      including some class 3 and 4, basically the same hike I did in 22 hours in
      2003. Photos and map here, although I am expecting more snow than you see
      here. http://mattmahoney.net/sunlight/

      If you want to join us, we will meet at Charlie Thorn's house in Silverton on
      Wed. evening around 6-8 PM (I haven't told Charlie yet but I'm sure it will be
      OK) then head down to the trailhead after dinner and start running around
      10-11 PM. We expect to reach Eolus at or shortly before sunrise.

      Meanwhile I am at the Leadville hostel acclimating for Hardrock by climbing
      14ers. I flew from Florida on Saturday, climbed Mt. Hope yesterday and Elbert
      today. Will probably do a couple more 14ers before the Eolus group, go back
      to Leadville for the marathon then back to Silverton to start my taper. Let
      me know if you want to do some training climbs with me. I'm not well
      acclimated yet so I'm slow.