Re: [hr100] Digest Number 438

  • Hans-Dieter Weisshaar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2005
      Andrea, darling,

      the easiest and most beautiful is Little Molas Lake, about 10700.
      Red Mountain Pass is just a bit higher.
      I have no idea about Stony!
      Or get a tent and meet the Curiel-Gordon families (this year in Putnam
      about 12200 again?).

      The highest and by far easient will be Independent Pass (12095 feet)
      between Aspen and Twin Lakes and you can do:
      from Ind Pass up to 13456 summit, easy and beautiful, just a warm-up;
      climb Elbert from Twin Lakes and run nonstop down to Twin Lakes (best
      uphill AND downhill of entire Colorado-[?]):
      hike Hope Pass (even better Hope Mountain) from Willis TH and run
      down to the Winfield road and the same way back;
      jog and enjoy Colorado Trail rom Twin Lakes to Halfmoon and back or
      vist the Aspen Thrift Store!
      OR:
      Tent on top of Handies Peak 14000 plus and get customed to the marmots
      up there. Nice guys!
      See you soon UP there

      Hans und Susi