[hr100] Re: Boulder Gulch

  • carolyn erdman
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2000
      Oh Bob it is much gentler and kinder. That's why it was changed...
      Carolyn lots of snow!!!

      At 09:38 PM 3/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
      >I'm curious about the new route from Boulder Gulch to the top of Upchuck
      >Ridge. John Cappis says it is to the east of the old route. I've compared
      >this year's course description with that of two years ago and I can't tell
      >much difference. This is a climb that destroyed me in '98. Someone tell me
      >the new path is kinder and gentler. Bob Boeder

      >Special Offer-Earn 300 Points from MyPoints.com for trying @Backup
      >Get automatic protection and access to your important computer files.
      >Install today:

      >-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=hr100&m=1

    • John Cappis
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2000
        Bob:

        The revised route to get from the old cabin site in Boulder Gulch to
        UpChuck ridge is only a hundred yards or so to the east of the grass
        slope you went up two years ago. This one offers more rock and a few
        faint animal trails (similar to the Island Lake side of Grant/Swamp).
        Slope is about the same. As Carolyn says, it is a kinder and gentler
        route... for the impact on the vegetation.

        John