Handies work weekend for Hardrock

  • Blake P. Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2005
      >The meeting place for the Handies Peak work party by the Hardrock 100 adopt a peak group will be at Burrows Park at 0800 on Thursday June 30. For legal reasons, the Colorado Fourteeners Initiative and BLM need a list of those who are going to work. Names for this list need to be sent to John Cappis, (cappis@...) no later than Friday June 24. Anyone who may be considering working either the 30th or the 1st is asked to submit their name. (John already has names from a number of people who will be hearing directly from him.)

      To encourage participation in this event, we have decided for the 2006 Hardrock runner selection lottery to give a service ticket to anyone who works both days.

      In the 2004 and 2005 Hardrock selection lotteries, we awarded very few "service tickets" - only to those who had performed some very significant service to the run, such as organizing an aid station, but not for course marking, pacing, or simply working in an aid station. Here is a chance for potential runners to get that extra lottery ticket. In this year's lottery,
      having two tickets rather than one would have increased a first-time applicant's chances of getting a starting spot from 26% to 46%.

      - Blake

      Blake P. Wood
      Group X-2, Thermonuclear Applications, MS-T087,
      Los Alamos Nat'l Lab, Los Alamos NM 87545
      (505) 665-6524 Fax: (505) 665-1231 bwood@...