Carolyn, or other locals.. can you help?

  • Deb Pero
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2005
      Sorry to bog up the list with this request. A long and rocky hike yesterday wreaked havoc with Tucker's paws. Two big bad blisters, and he needs to be able to hike when we get to Silverton. We have to get him some paw protection (unless Rollin can show us how to duct tape his paws, ala Bosco-wear!). So far, nobody local has doggie booties, so we have to mail order them, but there's not enough time to get them here before we leave. We would like to have them shipped to someone's address in Silverton and pick them up once we arrive.

      Can anyone local give us a mailing address to ship these to?

      thanks!
      deb and steve and a sore-footed Tucker....

    • Lois MacKenzie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2005
        You may use mine.
        Lois MacKenzie
        P.O. Box 33
        Silverton, CO 81433

        Deb Pero <mtnrunner02@...> wrote:
        Sorry to bog up the list with this request. A long and rocky hike yesterday wreaked havoc with Tucker's paws. Two big bad blisters, and he needs to be able to hike when we get to Silverton. We have to get him some paw protection (unless Rollin can show us how to duct tape his paws, ala Bosco-wear!). So far, nobody local has doggie booties, so we have to mail order them, but there's not enough time to get them here before we leave. We would like to have them shipped to someone's address in Silverton and pick them up once we arrive.

        Can anyone local give us a mailing address to ship these to?

        thanks!
        deb and steve and a sore-footed Tucker....

        When I was a child in Silverton, one of the older boys
        started calling me Skunk Ears. I went to my father pouting
        about it. He told me skunks have cute ears. That made
        everything o.k., and the boy stopped using the name.

      • Steve Pero
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2005
          thank you!!!!
          We'll be ordering them today. And we'll be in town Friday night, starting course marking Sat. morning, so let us know how we can get ahold of you to pick them up!
          thanks,deb

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 20, 2005
            Lois and Harry,

            Thanks again for your offer of a mailing address for us... - when we tried to order the items today, we found that (unless we wanted to pay big bucks for fast shipping) they would not arrive in Silverton until several days after we got there, and Tucker needs the booties right away. So we are going to stop in Colorado springs on our way to Silverton and pick them up at a store there. It shouldn't be too far out of our way, and supposedly they have them on hold for us.

            Meanwhile, Tucker is perfecting the fine art of walking on his tippy toes. I never knew that was possible until now.

            see everyone soon!
            deb

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
              There is an REI in Grand Junction but ship them here
              Carolyn Erdman
              1039 Reese Street
              PO Box 529
              Silverton, CO 81433