Course Marking Schedule

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2005
      Hello Everyone,

      I just want to update everyone on the 2005 course marking schedule.
      You can find it on page 10 of the runners manual which is available
      at the HRH home page (http://www.run100s.com/HR/).

      As usual, the schedule is subject to change. I've made small changes
      already so if you want me to send the revised schedule as a Word
      attachment, let me know.

      I will attempt to keep the schedule up to date and posted at my house.

      The first day of course marking will be Saturday, June 25. We'll
      begin at 9 AM from my house in Silverton - 1354 Reese. After the
      first day, we'll start at 7 AM.

      Please consider working on the Handies trails as part of the Colorado
      Fourteeners Initiative. Those trail work days are June 30 and July 1.

      I'll see you up in the hills.

      Charlie
      =================
      Revised 2005 Course Marking Schedule
      This Schedule Is Subject to Change
      (revised 2JUN05)

      Date Course Section Comments
      Saturday 6/25 KT to Bear Creek (Silverton) Begin at 9 AM.
      Sunday 6/26 Chapman Gulch to KT Car/4WD shuttle.
      Monday 6/27 Sherman to Grizzly to Grouse Gulch 4WD to
      Sherman & leave vehicles.
      Tuesday 6/28 Maggie Gulch to Sherman Pick up vehicles at Sherman.
      Wednesday 6/29 Arrastra Gulch to Cunningham to Maggie
      Thursday 6/30 Bear Cr Trail (Ouray) to Engineer Pass Start at US 550 Tunnel.
      Thursday 6/30 Backup if needed
      Optional Handies trail work party
      Friday 7/1 Backup if needed
      Optional Handies trail work party
      Saturday 7/2 Telluride to Virginius Pass
      Governor Basin to Virginius Pass
      Rope Uncompaghre River
      Radio support to Buffalo Boy may be needed.
      Simultaneous marking. Survivors meet on Virginius
      Pass for traditional picture.
      Sunday 7/3 Chapman to Oscar's to Telluride
      American Basin if needed
      Radio support to Buffalo Boy may be needed.
      Monday 7/4 Open Blue Ribbon 10K run in Silverton.
      Tuesday 7/5 Ouray to Bear Creek trailhead: Ouray to Governor
      Silverton to Arrastra
      Silverton to Bear Creek Start time TBD.
      Wednesday 7/6 Backup if needed
      Thursday 7/7 Remaining road sections
      Friday 7/8 Rope Virginius
      Friday 7/8 - Sunday 7/10 Strip course
      Contact Paulette Schmaltz (pjhiker@...) if you want to help
      pull flags from the course. DO NOT pull any flags without her
      consent and coordination.