Hardrock is on!

  • Blake P. Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2005
      The Hardrock Hundred board met yesterday in Silverton for the final major planning meeting before the run, now six weeks away. Among other things, we evaluated the snow situation, and made the final decision that the run is definitely on.

      There is still a lot of snow, but it is melting fast. Aid station coordinator Lois MacKenzie reported that the snowpack level at Red Mountain Pass was decreasing at a rate of half a foot per day in last week's warm weather. There is no snow on the ground in Silverton, and on the mountains surrounding the town the level of solid snow cover is 12k' to 13k', depending on the exposure.

      - Blake

      Blake P. Wood
      Group X-2, Thermonuclear Applications, MS-T087,
      Los Alamos Nat'l Lab, Los Alamos NM 87545
      (505) 665-6524 Fax: (505) 665-1231 bwood@...