798San Juans

  • Marc Witkes
    Jun 17, 2003
      Dear Hard Rockers,

      I have recently seen many posts on this list about the train and hiking the
      fourteeners in the San Juans. Well, I live here in Durango and am pretty
      familiar with the area. One of my favorites is to run into Chicago Basin
      starting across from Durango Mtn. Resort and run out over Columnine Pass to
      Lake Vallecito, about 34 miles. Or you can run it, bag a peak or two and run
      back out. The train? It's nice but real ultrarunners will skip it! See you
      at Hard Rock in a month.

      Marc Witkes
      Durango, CO

      Believe 1918