      Take the train.
      Joe

      "Matt Mahoney" <matmahoney@...>
      06/16/2003 01:32 PM
      Please respond to hr100

      To: <nolans14@yahoogroups.com>, <hr100@yahoogroups.com>
      cc:
      Subject: [hr100] 14er posting website

      I made up a web page where you can post a list of 14ers you've climbed,
      and
      a link back to a web page with photos/trip reports if you have one. See
      http://www.he.net/~mmahoney/14er/
      I just put it up Saturday and announced it on SummitPost and the
      ColoradoClimbers mailing list, and so far 21 people have joined.

      I hope to add a few 14ers to my list this summer. My plans are to fly to
      Colorado around July 7 or 8, pace Hans Dieter Weisshaar at Hardrock, then
      run the Crestone marathon, Nolan's 14 and Leadville. Hans is over 60 so
      he
      can have a pacer for the whole 100. I'm concerned about lack of
      acclimation
      but I will try my best.

      Most of the 14ers not on my list are in the San Juans, so I want to climb
      few after Hardrock. Would anyone be interested in a day hike to Eolus,
      Sunlight and Windom? According to Roach it is 36 miles and 10,000 ft.
      climb
      from Purgatory, which is the closest approach without taking the train. I
      figure with a 2 AM start we could reach Chicago basin (16 miles) by 7 and
      be
      off the summits before afternoon T-storms. I am assuming 2000 ft/hr rate
      of
      climb and running the downhills, but I have not hiked in this area before.
      The best time for me is the week after Hardrock around July 16-21 or so.
      Hans was going to go but he is running Vermont for the Grand Slam.