      From: Charles T. Thorn [mailto:thorn@...]
      Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 3:49 PM
      To: hr100@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hr100] Bandelier 50 miler and Marathon

      Hello Hardrockers,

      Los Alamos, NM hosts a 50 mile run and a marathon on May 11. I believe
      these runs provide excellent training for Hardrock. There is about 4000
      feet climb in the 50 miler and half that in the marathon. I'd like to
      encourage you to consider doing one of these in preparation for
      Hardrock.
      The altitude is fairly high (7000'). For more information and
      registration
      go to:

      http://www.highaltitudeathletics.org/

      Charlie Thorn