  • dale garland
    Jun 27, 2002
      Over the past 36 hours I have been reminded about all that is good
      about our sport. When the Hardrock Board of Directors and myself made
      the unenviable decision to cancel this years run I was apprehensive
      about how the news would be received.
      I am so grateful to all of you who have written offering your support
      and encouragement. It truly has been the brightest part of what
      otherwise is a dreary time for me. It is gratifying to know that what we
      felt had to be done has been not only accepted, but also supported.
      For everyone who is interested, we will be putting out the procedure
      for Hardrock 2003 within the next couple of weeks.
      Also, if you are interested in following the developments that had a
      major impact on our decision, you can follow the Missionary Ridge story
      line at www.durangoherald.com. Durango is about 45 miles from the HRH
      Good luck to everyone at WS this weekend as well as the other trail
      events that are taking place.
      Thanks again for all your encouragement!
      Dale Garland
      RD, Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run