559Re: [hr100] Hardrock Hundred Clarification

  • dale garland
    Nov 13, 2001
      Hi Everyone
      Dick Huff has asked what my thoughts on what has been said the past
      couple of days so here goes! I know I am speaking for all of us involved
      in the HRH when I say we are honored that this run means so much to
      people. The people involved with putting this run on are truly a special
      group of people; but those of who who subscribe to this list already
      know that. I find it a bit unsettling that the dialogue that transpired
      did take a personal note and kudos to both Jim and Matt for realizing
      that this list isn't the best place for such a dialogue.
      The selection of runners for the HRH has become much more complicated
      than any of us (the organizers/run committe/Board of Directors) ever
      imagined it would be. Once again, I am speaking for the run as a whole
      when I say that we are all dedicated to keeping the Hardrock Hundred an
      event for those who want to challenge themselves against our course and
      themselves.
      This years selection process favors those who have been part of our
      "family". There is a bias in this years selection process toward those
      who have attempted/completed our run. We have allocated slots for people
      who want to experience the HRH for the first time but the number is less
      than the number allocated for previous participants. Does this mean that
      all of you who want to run in 2002 will be here in July? None of us can
      answer that question until the first of February when we sit down and
      look at the applications. If this selection process doesn't work then
      we'll definitely revamp it for 2003 and you can count on us getting your
      opinion.
      Personally speaking, all of you are the biggest part of why I stay
      involved in this run. I hope to see all of you who want to be here in
      July.
      Dale Garland
      RD, HRH