3324Re: [hr100] Updates/changes to Qualifying Standards for Hardrock 100 on website

  • Cam Baker
    Oct 30, 2013
      Does that mean that MMT sucks some now too?

      On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:34 PM, Michael Bur <mjcbur@...> wrote:

      You may want to re-read what Cameron wrote below; he said nothing about not *wanting* to run another qualifier, rather the issue is one of unknown/unforeseen temporary circumstances preventing one from being able to run another qualifier.

      Mike Bur
      Kensington, MD

      On 10/30/2013 at 2:28 PM, "Joe Lea" <joelea@...> wrote:
      I think folks who are upset by the idea of running another qualifier
      *may*want to reconsider whether Hardrock is really the right place for
      them.

      joe lea
      chapel hill, nc

      On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Cameron Adamson
      <cameronadamson1@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Taking out Leadville for the future is totally understandable- But
      > reducing the qualifier from two years to one year is totally unfair and
      > unreasonable to anyone who could experience for instance- injury or
      > pregnancy over the next year. Very disappointing is the " take away " for a
      > race that has already been run. Take it away in the future sure- but the
      > reduction of a qualifier for a race ALREADY RUN is insulting to the runners
      > who had no control over the lack of organization.
      >
      > -Cameron Adamson
      >

      > On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM, <hr100-owner@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> Dear Hardrockers,
      >>

      >> The Hardrock Hundred has updated the qualifying standards for the 2014
      >> run and beyond (2015 and 2016, to be precise). The policy has been updated
      >> to state more explicitly why we feel it necessary to have qualifying runs
      >> and our expectations for inclusion as a qualifying run. In this light, we
      >> have reviewed the current list of qualifying runs and made changes to make
      >> the list in line with the new policy. We are adding some events and
      >> removing others, which we have decided to phase out over two years. We
      >> continue to evaluate runs recommended to us and will add runs as
      >> appropriate. The list of qualifiers will be reviewed each year looking
      >> forward two years.
      >>

      >> See all of the details about qualifying and the races included or being
      >> phased out here: http://hardrock100.com/hardrock-qualify.php
      >>

      >> Thank you for your patience while we were debating the finer points and
      >> readying this announcement for all of you.
      >>

      >> The Hardrock Hundred Board of Directors
      >>
      >> (Blake, Kris, Brett, Betsy, Andrea, Ken, Rick, Ricky, and Roch)

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic