3212Hardrock Hundred update 7/3

    Jul 3 4:15 PM
      Hi Hardrockers,
      Here is the run update. As of 5:00 today we will:
      1. be holding the 2013 Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run on 7/12-7/14 and
      2. be using the course as described in the runners manual (that means through
      Pole Creek.
      I have to publicly commend:
      a. the HRH run committee for their thoughts, input and willingness to be so
      flexible as we made this decision. This is especially true of our comm people
      (Shauna Blaylock, Ben McGaha, Chris Depuy) and our aid station director
      extraordinaire, Lois MacKenzie.
      b. our permit Administrator-Jeff Christenson from the BLM. He worked very
      closely with us to make sure we were informed about closures and then
      championed our event through the permitting process and worked hard to
      communicate with other BLM and USFS managers to get their approval.
      There will be no open fires at aid stations and we will be emphasizing
      vigilance when it comes to the safety of all Hardrockers-staff, volunteers and
      runners as well as protecting the beautiful San Juans.
      Dale
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic