3080Re: [hr100] Re: Odds?

  • Michael Bur
    Dec 27, 2012
      Mike -

      Yes, true, relative to their lot of tickets it may seem to be worth less to them; but this is an artifact of their bad lottery luck being artificially inflated and counted more heavily.

      A hundred dollars is a hundred dollars. That amount of money will mean more or less to someone personally based on many factors but it's still a hundred dollars. Because the "Never Started" group's other "money" is artificially inflated in worth, the trail work ticket allotment may be perceived by them as a "bad exchange rate".

      This is unskilled work, for the purpose of these tickets, my work is the same as your's or Brad's or anyone else.

      In the end, what matters is whether or not the lottery algorithm and structure produced the field makeup that the board was striving for. If it did, no need to adjust. If it didn't for some group of runners, make adjustments in the ticket allotment accordingly. If there is a desire to get more "Never Started" runners to attend the work days or if the work days are understaffed, then maybe incentivize them by increasing the worth of their work with something like the formula you proposed below or give more tickets for the work to everyone.

      Mike