291RE: [hr100] Hardrock Maps

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Mar 19, 2001
      Hello Deb and others,

      I may have sent an unintended message that there were not going to be
      enough maps for everyone, or we have some other reluctance to provide
      marked maps, or else you had to specifically request a map to get one.
      That is not the case. Last year, a FEW runners told me that they already
      knew the course and/or had enough Hardrock maps so that it would be ok for
      them to not get a marked map or any map. I'm just trying to remember who
      told me.

      So, as in previous years, you will get a marked map unless you specifically
      tell me that you do not want to get one. We have plenty of maps and plenty
      will be marked. We plan to mail out the runners manual with marked map in
      mid April.

      By the way, Bill Drake reprinted the map last year and has made many
      corrections that really improve the quality of the sections that the
      Hardrock runs over.

      I hope to see everyone up in the Mountains in July, map in hand.

      Charlie Thorn

      PS, Tyler Curiel has asked me to mark all finishers' mandatory victory lap
      in the CORRECT direction on the map this year. After a few, mostly very
      minor details are worked out, I hope to be able to mark this important
      feature of the Hardrock in an acceptible way.