      From: Blake P. Wood <bwood@...>
      To: ultra@...; hr100@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, Feb 7, 2011 1:21 pm
      Subject: [hr100] Length of Hardrock Wait List and how many might get in from it

      Every year following the Hardrock Lottery, we get many questions about how many can expect to get in off the wait list.

      Here is the historical data for how many were on the wait list initially, and the initial wait list number of the last person to get into the run:

      2003: 75, 75
      2004: 74, 50
      2005: 99, 28
      2006: 130, 42
      2007: 149, 38
      2008: 214, 99
      2009: 206, 27
      2010: 289, 28
      2011: 445, ??

      I calculate that at this rate of exponential growth, by the year 2075 the entire population of the U.S. will be on the Hardrock wait list.

      - Blake