2306Re: [hr100] Fwd: Hardrock 2010, Kirk Apt 100 vertical miles

  • Blake Wood and Rebecca Clark
    Jul 24, 2010
      Here it is:

      From: alan@...
      Subject: Hardrock 2010, Kirk Apt 100 vertical miles
      To: hardrock100@...
      Cc: David Pease <driven2play@...>, bpwrlc@...

      Hi Dale

      I was at the Hardrock as a pacer (for Dave Pease, from Grouse to
      Cunningham), and had an outstanding weekend. Thank you again, and all
      the rest of the crew, for an incredible experience.

      On the drive home it occurred to me that Kirk Apt's 16 Hardrocks,
      multiplied by 33,000 vertical feet (rounding down), equals 528,000
      vertical feet, or exactly 100 vertical miles. Kirk has now climbed
      more than 100 vertical miles while racing in the Hardrock. Which
      makes him literally a multi-dimension 100 miler. I wonder if there is
      another human being on the planet who has done that much cumulative
      vertical in the same running race?

      Thanks again!
      Alan Watson
      Salt Lake City

      At 01:16 PM 7/22/2010, you wrote:

      >Did anyone find the article or message this was supposed to link to?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic