      From: hr100@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hr100@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      kaitainen
      Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 16:15
      To: hr100@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hr100] Re: Water access

      Yes, like Matt and Bob said, it is everywhere.

      Unlike Matt will say, if you have never been exposed to Giardia, this is
      probably not the time to start. It won't ruin your HR run this year, but it
      could turn into something chronic and nasty, so bring a UV treatment light
      and forget about the filtering nightmare.

      http://www.giardiasis.org/Symptoms.aspx

      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12075814

      (And, of course, it turns out that the most usual way that people get
      giardia is by not washing their hands, so that hopefully goes without much
      saying....)

      Andrea

      --- In hr100@yahoogroups.com <mailto:hr100%40yahoogroups.com> , "kaetamer"
      <sdsnyder@...> wrote:

      > Newbie here...
      >
      > Any input on where to find water outside the aid stations? I've heard
      "there's water everywhere..." True? If not, any suggestions as to where one
      might dip a bottle? I'm willing to filter, purify, whatever.