      From: Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...>
      Subject: [hr100] We'll miss you all!
      To: hr100@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 8:11 AM

      I just had to mention to all of the Hardrock family that Deb and I won't be

      making it out this year to the beautiful San Juans. Most of this is due to

      me not getting into the race, but the main reason is we really need to stay

      here and work to sell our house by keeping it green and clean, so some lucky

      waitlister is going to get Deb's spot. Going away for several weeks does not

      make the house look good and if we can get it sold and get back to the

      beautiful Jemez Mountains in NM., we'll only be four hours away!

      This will be the first time since 2000 (minus 2002, the fire year) that we

      won't be out for Hardrock and I'm going to feel like something is missing in

      my life on July 11th. There is so much more to Hardrock than the actual

      race. I'll miss the parade and fireworks on the 4th, the course marking,

      Potlick, Charlie and John's long course briefing.... and of course, all of

      you. All you new Hardrock wannabie's are in for something special :-)

      Hope you all have a great race and we'll see you again next year, whether we

      get in or not!

      Steve and Deb

      http://perogoats. blogspot. com/