1808RE: [hr100] Re: Hardrockers Make News in Silverton

  • The Troubadour
    Nov 6, 2008
      WHAT??????????????????

      From: On Behalf Of Tressa Breindel
      Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 2:17 PM

      I'm happy to exchange my additional body heat for a space on the floor
      once the snow comes :)

      Tressa

      ( O_O )

      > --- On Thu, 11/6/08, Charles Thorn < <mailto:thorncha%40gmail.com>
      thorncha@...> wrote:

      > From: Charles Thorn < <mailto:thorncha%40gmail.com> thorncha@...>

      Charlie's got an easy day at the lab today.

      > Date: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 10:19 AM
      > All,
      > In today's (November 6, 2008) Silverton Standard, there are two items of
      > interest to Hardrockers:
      >
      > 1. "Nov. 3, 1983 Sheriff's blotter: A Snowden Street resident complained
      > about three horses in his yard. They belonged to Lois MacKenzie, who was
      > notified."

      Hmm... we see Lois is also adept at time-travel? :-)

      <Do ya think you could put me back to 1983 also? Pleeeeease??? I'd have a
      way-better chance for another HRH finish.>

      > 2. "Silverton Municipal Court - October [2008] Robert Boeder, Silverton,
      > three cat at large complaints, found not guilty."

      I'll bet it was another one of Bob's "defining moments." As perhaps: "I
      was uncomfortably seated in the cab of my Caterpillar D-9 plowing snow high
      atop Ophir Pass, when both of my kitties jumped off my lap, scratched their
      way outside, gave chase to a mountain lion, terrorized all the marmots in
      the neighborhood, and then one of them slid to her death at the place in the
      manual where it says 'a slip here could be fatal'; and the other one still
      hasn't come home---even after I left the bulldozer running and searched
      every peak on foot for her for (just a little) over 48 yours. That meant a
      total of three cats at large, an unofficial 'finish,' and I was immediately
      arrested by the county sheriff. It was perhaps my most defining moment as a
      volunteer snow-plower."

      > Is it the animals or the Hardrockers that are out of control? Nobody will
      > know until next July.

      It's all that plutonium in storage at Los Alamos National Lab.

      ;-)

      Yours always in trouble,

      Rich Limacher
      That TroubleDoer
      (now from the very same state as our President-Elect!)

      > [Non-radioactive portions of this message have been removed :-]

      "There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things."
      "I dare say you haven't had much practice, " said the Queen. "When I was
      your age, I finished Hardrock before breakfast."

      Lewis Carroll (pseudonym for Charles Thorn; well? aren't they both the same
      age? ;)