1795John Cappis Update 5OCT08

  • Charles Thorn
    Oct 5, 2008
      All,
      Below is an email from Lona Cappis about John sent late Saturday evening.
      There is GOOD NEWS!!!

      John's new address is down there so start those cards and letters and keep
      up you prayers and thoughts for John.

      Charlie================================
      Dear family and friends,

      Once again we have good news. As of 9 pm last night [Friday] John was
      transferred to the Loma Linda University Rehabilitation hospital. His room
      has a small patio with a bubling fountain and greenery. After spending three
      weeks in a hospital bed with no fresh air or scenery, he was ready to feast
      his eyes on that sight. The room has a bulletin board where we can pin up
      the many cards and letters he has received. He has started to swallow so
      when he gets the muscles stronger, he will be on food by mouth. His
      individual words have now become phrases and sentences.

      Several of you have asked for the new address so here it is:

      John Cappis
      c/o Loma Linda University Rehabilitation Institute
      25333 Barton Road
      Loma Linda, CA 92354

      He is not ready to talk on the phone just yet but it is clear that it will
      be coming. He reads your cards and notes and shows great pleasure in them.
      Many thanks to you all. Lona