1524Re: [hr100] Best place to fly into

  • Lois MacKenzie
    Mar 15 1:48 PM
      If you think WE are driving on the wrong side, you better hire a taxi for these mountains!

      Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...> wrote: I'm flying in from Australia about 3 weeks before
      Hardrock. I'm trying to decide on the best route (and
      considering costs of course). Would anyone like to
      comment on whether I should just fly straight to
      Denver (via LA or San Fran) and hire a car or is it
      worth while trying to get a flight into Duarango,
      where hire car options will be limited I expect?

      On another note as I sit here sweltering in 104* heat
      hoping the snow is melting over your way: at last
      weekends Six Foot Track trail race
      (http://www.sixfoot.com/index.php) I met John and
      Vivian Ferguson from Ouray. In a post race crowd of
      800 excited runners someone mentions Hardrock and I
      hear them from 100 yards away! Apparently John
      regularly paces John DeWalt at Hardrock.
      Coincidentally, I was with a mate who was over and
      watched Hardrock last year and had bumped into John
      out running on the trail prior to race day. Small
      trail running world.

      Thanks.

      www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail

      Keep in Touch,