1392Re: [hr100] Re: River crossings/race food

    Mar 21, 2007
      --- markus4345 <mark.a.mueller@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for all your answers.
      >
      > So I don't have to buy myself a wetsuit ;-) and can instead invest in some
      > gels for the race.
      > What are you guys eating between the aidstations?
      > I read that Karl Metzer is eating only gels.

      I guess if you can finish in 26 hours like Karl Meltzer you could do the whole
      thing on gels, but the rest of us will be out there a little longer. How long
      do you think you could go about your normal routine (work, watch TV, etc)
      eating nothing but gels? And then running in the mountains all night isn't
      going to help your stomach either.

      You don't need to buy food. The aid station food is very good. You don't
      need to carry food between aid except maybe between Sherman and Grouse, where
      you can just take a little food from the aid station. There is plenty of
      water between aid stations so you can save some weight by not filling your
      bottles. Believe it or not, Hardrock can be finished without crew, pacer, or
      drop bags. (Well, I would have if I did not waste 7 minutes taking pictures).