1255HardrockUpdate 5/31

    May 31, 2006
      Hi Hardrockers,

      Memorial Day weekend is a pivotal weekend for the Hardrock Hundred. It
      is over this weekend that we evaluate course conditions and decide whether or
      not to hold the run. I am happy to announce that the 2006 Hardrock is
      officially on! We anticipate a very dry course this year. Snowpack is below
      average and our area has been experiencing early warm weather. The net result
      is that the course is melting out rapidly.
      Today (May 31) is also the last day for a full refund for anyone who
      has to withdraw from this years run. On a related note, the accepted runners
      and wait list have been updated. Thanks to Blake Wood for doing this.
      Finally, the Joel Zucker Scholarship committee met and distributed
      $5000 to Silverton HS graduates to continue their education. Many thanks go to
      the donors and to Andi Kron for coordinating this effort.
      We are looking forward to seeing many of you soon. Keep those shoe
      laces tied!
      Dale Garland
      Run Director, Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run