H. P. Lovecraft's The Case of Charles Dexter Ward is Complete in MP3's

  • Will Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2012
      Dear Lovecraftian Friends,

      The free unabridged reading and performance by SAG-AFTRA actor William E. Hart, of H. P. Lovecraft's, The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, is now complete on CthulhuWho1.com!

      http://cthulhuwho1.com/2012/08/28/h-p-lovecrafts-the-case-of-charles-dexter-ward-in-a-free-unabridged-reading-and-performance-by-sag-aftra-actor-william-e-hart/

      All five chapters are available as single files, and as 25 section files, in 44100Hz, mono, 256kbps MP3 files.

      For those interested in the final running times and MP3 file sizes for the single-file versions of each chapter, they are as follows:

      Chapter One: Twenty-three minutes and twenty-six seconds, in 43MB.

      Chapter Two: Seventy-four minutes and twenty-four seconds, in 136MB.

      Chapter Three: Sixty-three minutes and twenty-seven seconds, in 116MB.

      Chapter Four: Fifty-seven minutes and thirty-eight seconds, in 105MB.

      Chapter Five: Eighty-eight minutes and fifty-eight seconds, in 162MB.

      For a combined running time total of five hours, seven minutes, and fifty-three seconds.

      In my mind, H. P. Lovecraft's, The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, reads more like a work of non-fiction, rater than fiction; and because of this, I hope you'll listen to my reading and performances as an audio documentary with reenactments by all of the voices that have finally escaped from my head, and been brought to audio life; including Marinus, Theodore, Joseph, Charles, Jedediah/Simon, Edward, and several others.

      Your feedback and comments are very welcome!

      And the work will soon begin on the visual version for YouTube!

      Yours in Eldritch Phantasies,

      William E. Hart

      aka CthulhuWho1

      Curator of:

      The Lovecraft Flickr Collections (now over 3500 images!) at:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/cthulhuwho1/collections/

      The CthulhuWho1 blog at: http://cthulhuwho1.com

      And The CthulhuWho1 YouTube Channel at:

      http://www.youtube.com/user/CthulhuWho1