Just in case...

  • IamOne38
    Message 1 of 2129 , May 2 8:17 AM
      anyone is interested, I posted a link to Bowen
      Studios, the creators of the Lovecraft bust, as wall as a
      very fine Cthulhu statue based on a painting by Steven
      Hickman.<br>They are quite hellafuggin'cool. Here's another link
      to a medieval weapons recreation company known as
      Museum Replicas Ltd.<br>For some peculiar reason they
      have a small Cthulhu statue as well. I suppose in some
      odd, winding way you can figure the connection through
      Robert E. Howard. But I think that's kind of a stretch.
      Maybe someone in their purchasing department reads HPL.
      Either way, it's an okay
      first page.<br><br>Say, does anyone read Hellboy by
      Mike Mignola?<br>If not, I highly recommend yall do
      so, as the Lovecraftian influences abound.
      book. <br>If you're just curious and don't really want
      to try and look for back issues, as well as spend
      the $, I recommend just getting the trade paperback.
      I can't remember how many there are, but call
      around at your local comic shops, they should be able to
      solely saltwater creatures, and if I'm not mistaken not
      all people from Innsmouth or with the Innsmouth look
      turn into Deep Ones.<br>My question, or questions
      actually, are;<br>1. Is the transformation into a Deep One
      based on your proximity to the ocean?<br>2. Is this why
      there are no Deep Ones in Indiana?<br>3. Why do you
      suppose they are only saltwater based? the Great Lakes
      are tremendously deep, especially Lake Superior. Why
      not have a strain of freshwater Deep Ones? (there are
      just postin' to post.<br><br>IamOne38
    • ovidbrazil
      Message 2129 of 2129 , Mar 13, 2002
        Uholyjason,

        I completely understand your connexion to the
        Lovecraftian/Sumerian/Babylonian current of magick. I myself am a
        practitioner of Lovecraftian Magick.

        The Simon Necronomicon actually does hold authentic
        Babylonian/Sumerian references within it, but alas, that was because
        the person who wrote it (His name escapes me at the moment, but I am
        fairly sure that he was the owner of the Magickal Childe [?]
        bookstore in NYC) wrote the fake grimoire with precisely that in mind.
        At any rate, yes, the Simon Necronomicon as well as all of the other
        purported Necronomicon are indeed not legitimate grimoires as far as
        they claim themselves to be. That is, they are not the Necronomicon
        as put forth in HPL's works, but that does not make them any less
        magickally valid.

        If you have not already and would like some good resources on
        Lovecraftian magick you should visit the Old One's Sanctuary
        http://www.stormloader.com/sanctuary . Unfortunately, you cannot
        download or copy any of their texts but if you really want them I
        have a way to procure them for you.

        Regards,

        Julian