Statues of Cthulhu

  • Dark Music Domain
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
      Cthulhu Statues (USA)
      http://www.CthulhuStatues.com

      Where others have not, artist Corinne Crowe has succeeded in
      remaining faithful to H.P. Lovecraft's description of the statue
      in "The Call of Cthulhu." Measuring 7.5 inches x 3 inches x 5 inches,
      each statue is cast from the artist's own molds with high-quality
      resin and weighs approximately 2 pounds. The artist's particular
      casting process results in swirls and striations of color, as well as
      the gold element, that vary from piece to piece. Consequently, each
      statue is truly unique and can never again be duplicated!

      The standard color scheme for "Cthulhu" is green and black with gold.
      However, there has been some experimentation with other colors,
      producing some of the "deviant" color schemes you see in the statues
      featured in the catalog.

      This edition of "Cthulhu" is limited to only 500. Each statue is
      individually numbered and signed by the artist underneath the base,
      and comes with a signed, numbered certificate of authenticity. Each
      certificate is folded inside a sheet of semi-transparent green vellum
      paper and slipped into a black envelope!
    • Jesse Segovia
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
        Wow, I have to say those are the very best likenesses of Cthulhu I've ever
        seen. Fantastic!

        Jesse

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2008
          Definitely impressive work. In fact they are so creepy I doubt my wife
          would let me bring one into the house, lol. I'll have to start working
          on her.
        • Edward Martin III
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2008
            "In fact they are so creepy I doubt my wife would let me bring one into the house, lol."

            Few things are as creepy as the ubiquitous nice-guy-nailed-to-two-pieces-of-wood. The occasional fishy idol just seems kind of pale by comparision.

            Cheers,

            Edward
          • rhinefrank
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 6, 2008
              My wife would! I had the unbelievable luck of marrying a chick who
              loves horror.
              -Rhinefrank

              --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, m836139 <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Definitely impressive work. In fact they are so creepy I doubt my wife
              > would let me bring one into the house, lol. I'll have to start working
              > on her.

            • Robert Wilkins
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 6, 2008
                Two other sources of superior Lovecraftian sculpture,

                http://www.arkham-studios.com/

                http://www.thestygiandepths.com/

                My wife would! I had the unbelievable luck of marrying a chick who
                loves horror.
                -Rhinefrank

                --- In hplovecraft@ yahoogroups. com, m836139 <no_reply@.. .> wrote:

                > Definitely impressive work. In fact they are so creepy I doubt my wife
                > would let me bring one into the house, lol. I'll have to start working
                > on her.

              • Darrick Dishaw
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8, 2008
                  i sent Thomas Ligotti many interview questions about a year and a half ago. well, he emailed his answers to me this very day. good things comes to those who wait...

                  hopefully, i can get my email interview with Ligotti up on the Cult site by middle of next week.

                  VS

                • Darrick Dishaw
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 13, 2008
                    here it is: