Re: [HP Lovecraft] Literary Criticism/Interpretation on Lovecraft

  • starrysothoth
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 4, 2007
      S.T. Joshi's "An Epicure in the Terrible" collection includes a number
      of essays by different authors giving literary criticism of Lovecraft.
      I believe it remains one of the best out there, and more accessible
      and varied than other scholarly works on Lovecraft.

      -Starry
      http://grimreviews.blogspot.com

      --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, "edher666" <edheri@...> wrote:

      > Do you know of any that relate especifically to the Cthulhu Mythos?
      > I have found the names of some books, like the one you mentioned for
      > example, but have not been able to get a hold of them on any
      > library...what about the web, do you know of any reliable site that
      > talks about the Cthulhu Mythos? I tried Cult of Cthulhu, but it is
      > of a Satanist Cult with Lovecraftian philosophies I guess.
      >
      > --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, lovecraftian@ wrote:
      > >
      > > On 11/4/07, edher666 <edheri@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Does anyone know of any good sources on literary criticism and
      > > interpretations on Lovecrafts work? The format does not
      > matter, either
      > > books, web, anything will do? Any info is appreciated!!
      > >
      > > "H. P.. Lovecraft: Four Decades of Criticism", edited by S T.
      > Joshi is
      > > perhaps a bit dated now, but it's still the basic starting point in
      > > Lovecraft criticism. Also, see
      > > http://www.hplovecraft.com/study/litcrit/for a good listing of
      > other
      > > basis references. That web site, "The H. P.
      > > Lovecraft Archive", also offers a comprehensive listing of
      > Lovecraft
      > > resources online.
      > >
      > > Ken Hill

    • Darrick Dishaw
      Message 2 of 11 , May 4, 2008
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRlE22vhZWQ

        that's a video review of Cthulhu Cult by TaR0uk.

        and here's the third CoC video...

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7ida8eb10

        thanks for watching,

        VS