Pilgrimage to Providence

  • Paul Remi Prevost
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2007
      I recently went to Providence, and visited the John Hay library, as well as sites listed on the
      walking tour of Providence, (http://www.hplovecraft.com/creation/sites/walktour.asp) Lastly
      I visited Lovecraft's grave, where I left a few trinkets and took some photos before security
      arrived. Apparently, they have posted at the entrance that photography is not allowed. I was
      lucky to get a few shots. I was wondering if anyone else has had any similar experiences
      there, and if the numerous people who will likely show up on August 20th, Lovecraft's
      birthday, were aware of this policy.

      Anyone wanting photos of Lovecraft's house and grave, and other Providence sites, or
      interested in askng me any questions are welcome to email me
    • Don Lee
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2007
        I wonder if the thing about not taking photos is new;
        I was there about 3 years ago and shot a roll of
        wonderful pics which were subsequently lost :-( when
        my computer died. Anyway, I might have missed the
        sign. Isn't Swan Point a splendid place? Especially
        that huge weird old tree w/ the Lovecraftian graffiti
        all over it...

        Don Lee

        --- Paul Remi Prevost <paulremiprevost@...>
        wrote:

        > I recently went to Providence, and visited the John
        > Hay library, as well as sites listed on the
        > walking tour of Providence,

        (http://www.hplovecraft.com/creation/sites/walktour.asp)
        > Lastly
        > I visited Lovecraft's grave, where I left a few
        > trinkets and took some photos before security
        > arrived. Apparently, they have posted at the
        > entrance that photography is not allowed. I was
        > lucky to get a few shots. I was wondering if anyone
        > else has had any similar experiences
        > there, and if the numerous people who will likely
        > show up on August 20th, Lovecraft's
        > birthday, were aware of this policy.
        >
        > Anyone wanting photos of Lovecraft's house and
        > grave, and other Providence sites, or
        > interested in askng me any questions are welcome to
        > email me

        Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
        http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222
      • John George
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2007
          Maybe they're afraid you'll steal his soul?

          --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Remi Prevost"
          <paulremiprevost@...> wrote:

          > I recently went to Providence, and visited the John Hay library, as
          well as sites listed on the
          > walking tour of Providence,
          (http://www.hplovecraft.com/creation/sites/walktour.asp) Lastly
          > I visited Lovecraft's grave, where I left a few trinkets and took
          some photos before security
          > arrived. Apparently, they have posted at the entrance that
          photography is not allowed. I was
          > lucky to get a few shots. I was wondering if anyone else has had any
          similar experiences
          > there, and if the numerous people who will likely show up on August
          20th, Lovecraft's
          > birthday, were aware of this policy.
          >
          > Anyone wanting photos of Lovecraft's house and grave, and other
          Providence sites, or
          > interested in askng me any questions are welcome to email me

        • Ninmah
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13, 2007
            Paul Remi Prevost: I recently went to Providence,..
            http://www.hplovecraft.com/creation/sites/walktour.asp
            ..I was lucky to get a few shots. .. likely show up on August 20th,
            Lovecraft's birthday,

            News to me, the entire tour that is. Thank you for the information.
            And yes I would like to see the photos you took, care to add them to
            the list's photo section.

            Nin
            http://ereskigal.blogspot.com/2006/05/many-fool-has-sought-to-oppose-
            my.html
          • Philip
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2007
              I'm guessing it is new policy. I used to ride my bike thru the
              cemetary (this is like 20-odd years ago now). I've never taken
              the 'tour' - I probably should, living so close ! Sounds liek a good
              way to spend a day this fall !

              Phil