Hi from Scottish Newbie

  • Willie Meikle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
      Hi.

      I'm Willie.

      I'm a Scottish author, with five novels published in the States and
      three more coming in 2007/8, all in the independent fantasy and
      horror press, much of it Lovecraftian. My work has appeared in the
      UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Greece, Saudi Arabia and India. I have also
      got several supernatural scripts currently on option, including four
      shorts, and a supernatural thriller feature.

      My most recent Lovecraft story, "The Mouth" appeared in the Elder
      Signs Press "Hardboiled Cthulhu" anthology.

      I've got 2 seperate series on the go in novel length work, one mainly
      Lovecraftian, one Vampire....

      The Midnight Eye Files

      Derek Adams is a Glasgwegian PI who keeps falling into occult cases.

      The Amulet is a lovecraftian / chandleresque telling of his
      encounters with tentacled minions of Cthulhu in modern day Glasgow.
      Derek has plenty of time on his hands. Until the Bogart Case walks
      in. Pretty soon he's up to his oxters in bodies and tentacles. The
      city's dark side has him. And it doesn't want to let go!

      Out now from all good bookstores... see
      http://www.myspace.com/williemeikle for details

      Book 2, Sirens, tells of Derek's involvement with a Fisher Cult and
      re-emerging Norse gods in the Hebrides, and is coming in late 2007
      from Black Death Books

      Watchers

      The Watchers Series is my retelling of the 1745 Jacobite Rebellion in
      Britain. Bonnie Prince Charlie, and all his highland army, are
      Vampires and are heading south to claim the British throne.
      The "Watchers" of the title are the guards of the old Roman wall
      built by Hadrian, now reinforced to keep the vamps out. It is
      constantly patrolled by officers of the Watch, two of whom become the
      main protagonists of the series.

      I got the idea on a walk along what is left of the wall, and by the
      time I'd had finished my walk and had a few beers the first part of
      the trilogy was fully formed in my head. Think "ZULU" or "Last of the
      Mohicans" with vamps and you'll get a feel of what it's all about.

      Book 1: The Coming of the King
      Book 2: The Battle for the Throne
      Book 3: Culloden!

      Out now from all good bookstores... see
      http://www.myspace.com/williemeikle for details

      My next book, Eldren: The Book of the Dark, is also a vampire novel
      set in West-Coast Scotland, and is coming soon from Black Death Books.
    • Chuck
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
        Hi Willie,

        Nice to see you join the list. If the stars are right, I should have a
        story in High Seas Cthulhu by ESP.

        Best,

        Chuck