RE: Cthulhu Rising

  • Linda Navroth
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
      Well, if anyone would know when the Great One will be rising from the
      sea, the Russians would! I have it on good authority that Putin has the
      best minds in the Mother Russia working on that...and also on how to
      properly pronounce the name!
      --Squiddy
    • Jesse Segovia
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
        Someone posted a link sometime ago about a new movie based loosely on
        two of Lovecraft's short stories. I found a web site with an interview
        with the director which, in my opinion, didn't bode well for the film
        but it also had some photos which looked very good.

        Does anyone know when this movie will be released? Has anyone heard any
        more news?

        And did anyone read Peter Straub's tribute to Lovecraft, his novel "Mr.
        X?" I thought it was excellent - I hadn't read any Lovecraft before
        that but it was very respectful and it really did justice to Lovecraft's
        stories and ideas.

        Jesse
      • Nathalie Stepitch

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
            There's a movie on video shelves right now, I forget the title, but
            it was in the A or B section, so I would guess something starting
            with "At" or "Beyond". I saw it or some of it and I would give it a
            definite thumbs down.

            -phar
          • Mike Chivers
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2006
              Beyond the Wall of Sleep is out.

              The one to get to excited about will be Guillermo del Toro's Mountains of Madness. Latest news here.

              For general info on Lovecraft films you can't do better than this site.

              For the beginner's enquiry about books, I'd recommend S T Joshi's Penguin collections, but if you want a one volume introduction, how about this? Don't dismiss the all the poetry, as Fungi from Yuggoth is great.

              Happy reading!

            • Mike Chivers
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5, 2006
                Hang on, is it just me or did some dark force remove the links from my last post?

                Del Toro: http://www.deltorofilms.com/AtTheMountainsOfMadness.php

                Lovecraft cinema in general: http://www.unfilmable.com/

                "This" referred to the Straub anthology. It looks like everyone got there before me!