Cloaking device engaged

  • Someone from the Petting Zoo
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2004
      Greetings!

      I have officially engaged my cloaking device for all lists to which I
      subscribe, including this one. The last time I went on a trip, I tried
      catching up on old e-mail and it nearly kilt me.

      On February 25 or thereabouts, I will resume e-mail of subscriptions. In
      the next 24 hours, I will only see non-list (personal) e-mail.

      I hope that you all have a marvvy February and that your days be merry and
      long.

      What a funny world!

      A monkey raises a glass,

      Cheers!

      Edward
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath" -- now on DVD!
      http://www.petting-zoo.org/Movies_Dreamquest.html
    • cih_hr
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 2, 2004
        Forgive me if I'm stupid, but what is the game you talking about?
        Nat
        --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, "Mad Professor" <archmage@l...>
        wrote:
        > >If you are talking about the game...couple of ways...one is fire.
        Shuggoths
        > >may be mostly water so fire should be deadly to them, a despirate
        shot from
        > >a flaregun may do the trick.
        >
        > Not to prove myself a geek, but fire (like electricity) only does
        half
        > damage. With an average hit point level of 63, even a maximum
        damage flare
        > is only gonna net you 7 points of damage, 2 points of which will
        regenerate
        > on his turn...at which point he's gonna kick your ass.
        >
        > >Explosives may also work but you may have the problem of a bunch
        of small
        > >shuggoths running about.
        >
        > Nah, Dynamite is gonna net you 15 points (maybe more if your Keeper
        wants to
        > figure in concussion damage, though, as physical damage, it would
        only be
        > one, maybe two extra points)...and then he's STILL gonna kick your
        ass.

        > If set in present day, your best bet is to just napalm
        it...assuming you
        > have no problem with collateral damage. Possibly, you could shove
        > powerline into it, and if you're lucky it'll get enough juice in it
        to kill
        > it before it manages to grab you and take you with it.
        >

        > *ahem* Now that I've gone out of my way to prove my geek factor,
        I'll shut
        > up. ;)
        >

        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        > "Not only did I disturb your precious angels, but I shredded their
        silken
        > wings and drank their heavenly ichor." -- R.J.M. Lofficier
        >
        > Livejournal: http://archmage.livejournal.com
        > AIM: SatanasExMachina
        > Yahoo: chaosblackflame
        > MSN: Superbeast
        > ICQ: 309355738

        > Find high-speed `net deals — comparison-shop your local providers
        here.
        > https://broadband.msn.com
      • Mad Professor
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 2, 2004
          >Forgive me if I'm stupid, but what is the game you talking about?

          No worries, Nat. "Call of Cthulhu", the role-playing game. It's been
          published by Chaosium for years on end. Lovecraftian RPG, loads of fun with
          the right people.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "Not only did I disturb your precious angels, but I shredded their silken
          wings and drank their heavenly ichor." -- R.J.M. Lofficier

          Livejournal: http://archmage.livejournal.com
          AIM: SatanasExMachina
          Yahoo: chaosblackflame
          MSN: Superbeast
          ICQ: 309355738

          What are the 5 hot job markets for 2004? Click here to find out.
          http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/MSN/CareerAdvice/WPI_WhereWillWeFindJobsIn2004.htm?siteid=CBMSN3006&sc_extcmp=JS_wi08_dec03_hotmail1
        • spinmatt@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2004
            In a message dated 2/2/2004 12:41:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            archmage@... writes:

            > No worries, Nat. "Call of Cthulhu", the role-playing game. It's been
            > published by Chaosium for years on end. Lovecraftian RPG, loads of fun with
            >
            > the right people.

            Have you guys checked out the great PDF fonts and props the HP Lovecraft
            Historical Society does for Call of Cthulhu? We just got them in stock and love
            them (you can see samples of them here:
            http://store.yahoo.net/shocklines/hlohiso.html

            If there's any NYC-area players here who ever need another player, let me
            know -- I haven't yet found a group around here that plays.

            Matt
            Shocklines.com

          • Mad Professor
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2004
              I love a lot of the things the "HPL Historical Society" does. I've used
              many a prop from them...
              http://www.cthulhulives.org