Oh ho!

  • Someone from the Petting Zoo
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 9, 2003
      Ah, it is to die laughing...

      http://www.geocities.com/steerp1ke/David_Ehi.html

      laughingly unspeakable monkey,

      Edward
    • Gary Needles
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 10, 2003
        ye gads that is classic....

        --- Someone from the Petting Zoo
        <edward@...> wrote:
        > Ah, it is to die laughing...
        >
        > http://www.geocities.com/steerp1ke/David_Ehi.html
        >
        > laughingly unspeakable monkey,
        >
        > Edward

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Bruce Lord
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 10, 2003
          Ye gods, that's brilliant. I'll definitely be passing that one
          around. Much better than the Santa Claus/419 correspondance:

          http://sweetchillisauce.com/ntales/KK1.html

          Bruce.

          --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, "Someone from the Petting Zoo"

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 11, 2003
            FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

            September 11, 2003

            Portland Oregon's Guerrilla Productions announces the scheduled premiere of
            their feature-length animated adventure "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath",
            based on H. P. Lovecraft's 1926 fantasy novel.

            Lovecraftian filmmaker Edward Martin III ("The Call of Cthulhu", "The
            Testament of Tom Jacoby") brings this exotic and fantastic novel to life
            with the help of art from Jason B. Thompson's 1997-1999 comic book
            adaptation and music from San Francisco's Cyokha Grace and Land of the
            Blind.

            "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath", one of only two novels written by
            Lovecraft, tells the story of Randolph Carter, an adventurer and a dreamer,
            who seeks out a marvelous Sunset City previously glimpsed only in dream. His
            journey takes him through outrageous adventures on earth, the moon, and the
            nameless Void. He parleys with such creatures as zoogs, ghouls, Shantaks,
            toad-things, night-gaunts, goat-men, deadly gods, and of course the most
            mysterious creatures of all -- cats. He is helped, betrayed, hurled into the
            depths, flown to great heights and finally reaches the great onyx castle of
            Kadath, where he intends to confront the gods of Earth to admit him to his
            Sunset City. But even in this ultimate citadel, the forces of darkness
            gather to confound him...

            "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath" will premiere at the 2003 H. P.
            Lovecraft Film Festival in Portland, OR, the weekend of October 9 - 12, at
            the Hollywood Theater: 4122 NE Sandy Blvd., Portland, OR. Also scheduled for
            release soon will be a standalone soundtrack by Land of the Blind and a
            graphic novel by Jason Thompson/Mockman Press.

            For more information, contact
            Edward Martin III:
            (503) 521-9225
            edward@...

            Please download a official Press Kit in Adobe PDF format from
            http://www.petting-zoo.org/Dreamquest_Downloads.html

            The Official "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath" website:
            http://www.petting-zoo.org/Movies_Dreamquest.html

            The 2003 H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival web site:
            http://www.hplfilmfestival.com/

            The Land of the Blind website: http://www.landoftheblind.com/

            Jason Thompson's Mockman Press website: http://www.sonic.net/~jason/
          • Gerasimos Dokopoulos
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 12, 2003
              And please tell us how can we, who don't live in
              America, be able to watch the movie.

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • Someone from the Petting Zoo
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 13, 2003
                Gerasimos Dokopoulos writes "And please tell us how can we, who don't live
                in America, be able to watch the movie."

                Well, I'll tell you this much -- if it's possible to make an all-region DVD
                using my tools, that is what I intend to do for the DVD's I distribute. I
                have NO ability to make PAL versions, I'm sorry to say -- it's just not
                something I'm capable of.

                I'm not sure of your location, but we intend to submit the film to as many
                film festivals as we reasonably can. It is possible that if we're accepted
                somewhere near you, that you could go see it there.

                Does that help?

                helpful monkey,

                Edward
              • Philippe Gindre
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 14, 2003
                  > if it's possible to make an all-region DVD
                  >using my tools, that is what I intend to do for the DVD's I distribute.

                  Good news indeed. I have an all-region DVD player but it's already 2 years old and it can't read the most recent standards like DivX. Is it going to be a problem or can you burn 'regular' DVDs?
                  I could order mine through Gavin's bookshop if overseas shipping is a problem.

                  Bests,

                  Philippe (France)
                • Gerasimos Dokopoulos
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 14, 2003
                    I'm living in Greece and i know that it will be
                    difficult to bring the movie here in some festival.
                    Will you put the dvd for sale online? I don't mind
                    the format (pal-ntsc).If you put it online it will be
                    very helpful and great :)

                    http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                  • balgi

                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 14, 2003
                        Strangely enough, I live in America, yet am in
                        Indiana; and I know unfortunately the film is unlikely
                        to come this way either!

                        --- balgi <balgamabi@...> wrote:

                        > and im from turkey...
                        > the same thoughts
                        >
                        > Gerasimos Dokopoulos <figolfin@...> wrote:
                        > I'm living in Greece and i know that it will be
                        > difficult to bring the movie here in some festival.
                        > Will you put the dvd for sale online? I don't mind
                        > the format (pal-ntsc).If you put it online it will
                        > be
                        > very helpful and great :)

                        > Terms of Service.

                        > removed]

                        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                      • Someone from the Petting Zoo
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 14, 2003
                          I can burn DVD R (+ or -) if I have appropriate media. I am not sure if my
                          recorder can record disks that are playable on any region. If so, then I
                          can create DVDs that can be played all over the world.

                          Older DVD players sometimes have trouble playing burned DVD disks. However,
                          if I get a "real" distributor, then they'll produce ordinary DVDs, which
                          will be playable on pretty much any player.

                          At the moment, because I am in the middle of a righteous panic finishing
                          this movie, I am not planning overmuch the creation of the DVD. 8)

                          panicky monkey,

                          Edward

                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 14, 2003
                            Gerasimos Dokopoulos asks "Will you put the dvd for sale online?"

                            One way or the other, Gerasimos.

                            determined monkey,

                            Edward
                          • Zombie Kitty
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 18, 2003
                              Someone from the Petting Zoo <edward@...> wrote:
                              I'm not sure of your location, but we intend to submit the film to as many
                              film festivals as we reasonably can. It is possible that if we're accepted
                              somewhere near you, that you could go see it there.

                              Does that help?

                              helpful monkey,

                              Edward

                              There are some festivals here in Houston you might try. Here is a link for one, but I am sure there are others.
                              http://www.worldfest.org/mainframe.htm
                              Also, there are a couple of cinemas here that do 1 or 2 showings of independent films: Rice University Cinema and River Oaks Cinema.
                              Hint, hint, hint..... :-)

                              ~Emily

                              Currently reading: Space Stations and Graveyards by Jason Brannon, Eric S. Brown, & John Grover

                              Recently finished: The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K. LeGuin, A Prayer for the Dying by Stewart O'Nan and Moonseed by Stephen Baxter