The Thing from the Depths

  • Chris Sandow
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2003

      Of course, I'm sure we have our own theories about the mysterious
      creature...
    • Shelley Marcum Kuster
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
        Have a couple of unsettling concepts on what it could be. Going outside now
        to see if the stars are in all their correct positions.

        Of course, I'm sure we have our own theories about the mysterious
        creature...

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
        • ellpelluk
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
            --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mistertice@y...> wrote:
            > http://craphound.com/images/shoggoth.jpg
            OMG, that is freaky. When did this happen? Where? I wanna know
            everything about this thing!
          • Mike
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2003
              Look out, it's right behind you!

              http://craphound.com/images/rearview.jpg

              --Mike

              --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, ellpelluk <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mistertice@y...> wrote:
              > > http://craphound.com/images/shoggoth.jpg
              > OMG, that is freaky. When did this happen? Where? I wanna know
              > everything about this thing!
            • R.P. McCosker
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 12, 2003
                --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Sandow"
                <cjs77@b...> wrote:
                > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3039102.stm
                >
                > Of course, I'm sure we have our own theories about the
                > mysterious creature...

                Theories, schmeories:

                Such eldritich abominations ever haunt strange, far places. Most
                hideous of all are the remote cliffs and stone-strewn beaches of
                Chile's darkened shores, whence men have always fled and
                only those diseased searchers aspiring to the greatest depths of
                shuddering fear that only the foulest grotesquerie can evoke will
                be found to wander and eventually perish forever.

                I speak only now, as I have only just returned from a journey into
                the catacombs of our own heartland, whence I can only avow the
                timeless unspeakability of what horror was sighted on Chile's
                deathly shore.
              • Gary Needles
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 13, 2003
                  exactly....either that or it was a dead sperm whale
                  carcass.....

                  --- "R.P. McCosker" <mcfrandy@...> wrote:
                  > --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Sandow"
                  > <cjs77@b...> wrote:
                  > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3039102.stm
                  > >
                  > > Of course, I'm sure we have our own theories about
                  > the
                  > > mysterious creature...
                  >
                  > Theories, schmeories:
                  >
                  > Such eldritich abominations ever haunt strange, far
                  > places. Most
                  > hideous of all are the remote cliffs and
                  > stone-strewn beaches of
                  > Chile's darkened shores, whence men have always fled
                  > and
                  > only those diseased searchers aspiring to the
                  > greatest depths of
                  > shuddering fear that only the foulest grotesquerie
                  > can evoke will
                  > be found to wander and eventually perish forever.
                  >
                  > I speak only now, as I have only just returned from
                  > a journey into
                  > the catacombs of our own heartland, whence I can
                  > only avow the
                  > timeless unspeakability of what horror was sighted
                  > on Chile's
                  > deathly shore.

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com
                • east coast
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 13, 2003
                    Dead fish indeed. These "experts" may well be part of a cult of Cthulhu who
                    are trying to divest people's interest until the stars are right. After all,
                    we already know that these cultists have agents in every government and
                    NASCAR racing team on the planet. It's only a matter of time.

                    --- "R.P. McCosker" <mcfrandy@...> wrote:
                    > --- In hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Sandow"
                    > <cjs77@b...> wrote:
                    > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3039102.stm
                    > >
                    > > Of course, I'm sure we have our own theories about
                    > the
                    > > mysterious creature...
                    >
                    > Theories, schmeories:
                    >
                    > Such eldritich abominations ever haunt strange, far
                    > places. Most
                    > hideous of all are the remote cliffs and
                    > stone-strewn beaches of
                    > Chile's darkened shores, whence men have always fled
                    > and
                    > only those diseased searchers aspiring to the
                    > greatest depths of
                    > shuddering fear that only the foulest grotesquerie
                    > can evoke will
                    > be found to wander and eventually perish forever.
                    >
                    > I speak only now, as I have only just returned from
                    > a journey into
                    > the catacombs of our own heartland, whence I can
                    > only avow the
                    > timeless unspeakability of what horror was sighted
                    > on Chile's
                    > deathly shore.

                    http://sbc.yahoo.com

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor