I know it's been awhile...

  • unholyjason
    Message 1 of 2129 , Mar 1, 2002
      I don't know how much credence you guys give to
      Simon's published works, or the "R'Lyheh Text", or such
      things...<br>but let me come clean....<br>I've been a practitioner
      of "alternative" religion for QUITE some time
      now...(14 years)... <br>and the Sumerian/Lovecraft
      connection has always spoken to me the strongest...In my
      "metaphysical" studies, Sumerian Rites have always been a major
      influence, yet soooo many of these "fluffy bunnies" on the
      net seem to want to contradict my every word when I
      post on a "Pagan" site... I take that shit as a slap
      in the face...<br>Over the course of this time, I've
      studied VooDou, Wicca, Goetia, The works of Abramelin the
      Mage and Henry Cornelius Agrippa, Egyptian Magick, and
      (of course) Sumerian... (Not to mention all the
      mainstream stuff such as Christianity, Satanism, Kabbalah,
      Buddhism, and Hindhuism...)<br>Needless to say, I'm
      pissed.<br>And I just had to vent, and any rants in this area
      would be viewed as support...<br>Take it easy,
    • ovidbrazil
      Message 2129 of 2129 , Mar 13, 2002
        Uholyjason,

        I completely understand your connexion to the
        Lovecraftian/Sumerian/Babylonian current of magick. I myself am a
        practitioner of Lovecraftian Magick.

        The Simon Necronomicon actually does hold authentic
        Babylonian/Sumerian references within it, but alas, that was because
        the person who wrote it (His name escapes me at the moment, but I am
        fairly sure that he was the owner of the Magickal Childe [?]
        bookstore in NYC) wrote the fake grimoire with precisely that in mind.
        At any rate, yes, the Simon Necronomicon as well as all of the other
        purported Necronomicon are indeed not legitimate grimoires as far as
        they claim themselves to be. That is, they are not the Necronomicon
        as put forth in HPL's works, but that does not make them any less
        magickally valid.

        If you have not already and would like some good resources on
        Lovecraftian magick you should visit the Old One's Sanctuary
        http://www.stormloader.com/sanctuary . Unfortunately, you cannot
        download or copy any of their texts but if you really want them I
        have a way to procure them for you.

        Regards,

        Julian