Re: We all know Lovecraft was racist, bu

  • CLASH357
    Message 1 of 2129 , Nov 4, 2001
      It's not my philosophy, it was a attempt to
      explain the views and social mores of the past. I do NOT
      live my life that way. I try to live by the golden
      rule of "Do unto others as you would do unto You".
      Then add a large amount of blunt honesty and raw truth
      of human nature and a overwhelming desire of general
      rebelousness. Working in the club and bar scene you tend to
      view the human animal in less then glowing
      terms.<br><br>Clash
    • ovidbrazil
      Message 2129 of 2129 , Mar 13, 2002
        Uholyjason,

        I completely understand your connexion to the
        Lovecraftian/Sumerian/Babylonian current of magick. I myself am a
        practitioner of Lovecraftian Magick.

        The Simon Necronomicon actually does hold authentic
        Babylonian/Sumerian references within it, but alas, that was because
        the person who wrote it (His name escapes me at the moment, but I am
        fairly sure that he was the owner of the Magickal Childe [?]
        bookstore in NYC) wrote the fake grimoire with precisely that in mind.
        At any rate, yes, the Simon Necronomicon as well as all of the other
        purported Necronomicon are indeed not legitimate grimoires as far as
        they claim themselves to be. That is, they are not the Necronomicon
        as put forth in HPL's works, but that does not make them any less
        magickally valid.

        If you have not already and would like some good resources on
        Lovecraftian magick you should visit the Old One's Sanctuary
        http://www.stormloader.com/sanctuary . Unfortunately, you cannot
        download or copy any of their texts but if you really want them I
        have a way to procure them for you.

        Regards,

        Julian