Yog-Sothoth Neblod Zin!

  • grand_moff_satan
    Message 1 of 2129 , Sep 1, 2001
      Hello All<br>Finding a group of people this size,
      who not only have read, but enjoy HPLs work is a very
      nice change of pace. Let me elaborate, i come from the
      land down under, Australia for those of you who missed
      our ridiculous olympic promotions or who have never
      heard the Men At Work classic, and down here you're in
      luck if you can find 311 people who can spell
      Lovecraft, let alone appreciate his unique vision and
      style.<br>But, i ramble, im sure this club has seen literally
      hundreds of pages of text paying homage to Lovecraft, I'll
      avoid adding another, im sure others have put what i
      would otherwise say far more eloquently. The reason i
      post today is i am searching for a picture of Cthulu
      that could make the jump from paper to skin. Do you
      know of a webpage thats hosting any such image? I
      would appreciate any URLs that any of you could post, i
      would be more than happy to trade some of the images i
      have on disk too.<br>Also, i apologize for making the
      generalization about my fellow Australians, if you are one, can
      spell lovecraft and have noticed the huge lack of
      anything Mythos over here, i welcome your emails.<br>Thank
      you for your time, and perhaps
      effort.<br>Jim<br>Grand_Moff_Satan@...
    • ovidbrazil
      Message 2129 of 2129 , Mar 13, 2002
        Uholyjason,

        I completely understand your connexion to the
        Lovecraftian/Sumerian/Babylonian current of magick. I myself am a
        practitioner of Lovecraftian Magick.

        The Simon Necronomicon actually does hold authentic
        Babylonian/Sumerian references within it, but alas, that was because
        the person who wrote it (His name escapes me at the moment, but I am
        fairly sure that he was the owner of the Magickal Childe [?]
        bookstore in NYC) wrote the fake grimoire with precisely that in mind.
        At any rate, yes, the Simon Necronomicon as well as all of the other
        purported Necronomicon are indeed not legitimate grimoires as far as
        they claim themselves to be. That is, they are not the Necronomicon
        as put forth in HPL's works, but that does not make them any less
        magickally valid.

        If you have not already and would like some good resources on
        Lovecraftian magick you should visit the Old One's Sanctuary
        http://www.stormloader.com/sanctuary . Unfortunately, you cannot
        download or copy any of their texts but if you really want them I
        have a way to procure them for you.

        Regards,

        Julian