Greetings all

  • cthardcore17
    Message 1 of 2129 , Jan 5, 2001
      Hello all how are things going? Here's some
      interesting books on Lovecraft that I have dug up in my
      Critical Study- Donald R. Burleson. GreenWood Press
      1983.<br><br>H.P. Lovecraft: Four Decades of Literary Criticism-
      S.T. Joshi. Ohio University Press 1980<br><br>The H.P.
      Lovecraft Companion-Philip A. Shreffler. GreenWood Press
      1977.<br><br>Take a look at these if you can find them because they
      tend to be rare. The Shreffler book is interesting in
      that it attempts to provide an encyclopedia
      cataloguing all of Lovecrafts Characters, Monsters,
      Locations, Tomes, and other minor details; attempting to
      provide some clues as to where Lovecraft might have
      originated the ideas, What stories of his that they appeared
      in, and how they connect to the mythos as a
      whole.<br><br>If you want the Library of Congress Call#'s so you
      can look them up at your local library feel free to
      email me.<br>It may take me a week to respond to you,
      but I will email you back.<br><br>If anyone knows of
      any other GOOD books on Literary criticism of
      Lovecraft, please email me the list.<br><br>Paul Comeau
    • ovidbrazil
      Message 2129 of 2129 , Mar 13 11:13 AM
        Uholyjason,

        I completely understand your connexion to the
        Lovecraftian/Sumerian/Babylonian current of magick. I myself am a
        practitioner of Lovecraftian Magick.

        The Simon Necronomicon actually does hold authentic
        Babylonian/Sumerian references within it, but alas, that was because
        the person who wrote it (His name escapes me at the moment, but I am
        fairly sure that he was the owner of the Magickal Childe [?]
        bookstore in NYC) wrote the fake grimoire with precisely that in mind.
        At any rate, yes, the Simon Necronomicon as well as all of the other
        purported Necronomicon are indeed not legitimate grimoires as far as
        they claim themselves to be. That is, they are not the Necronomicon
        as put forth in HPL's works, but that does not make them any less
        magickally valid.

        If you have not already and would like some good resources on
        Lovecraftian magick you should visit the Old One's Sanctuary
        http://www.stormloader.com/sanctuary . Unfortunately, you cannot
        download or copy any of their texts but if you really want them I
        have a way to procure them for you.

        Regards,

        Julian