6439Re: [HP Lovecraft] The New Annotated H. P. Lovecraft is Coming Soon!

  • Wilum Pugmire
    Aug 30 5:09 PM

      It is not better than Joshi's superb editions from Penguin, except that many of the errors found in the Penguin texts have been corrected by Joshi and Martin Andersson.  It is simply one of the coolest, moft delightful and profusely illustrated editions of Lovecraft's texts.  Klinger's book is presented in the "traditional" format on an annotated omnibus, and Klinger's annotations are his own, and they are excellent if at times eccentric.  Klinger plays the game that Lovecraft's texts are not fictions but reports of actual events, and thus Klinger tries to verify their facts, and at times this becomes too absurd; but often, this approach, amazing and surprisingly, leads to a fresh look at Lovecraft's texts.  Klinger's Foreword of over fifty pages is breathtaking, fascinating, informative and original.  I love this edition (I was sent an arc of ye book) and have two copies of ye hardcover on pre-order.

      On Sat, Aug 30, 2014, at 04:32 PM, funkmasterj@... [hplovecraft] wrote:

      What makes it any better than Joshi's annotated Lovecraft?

      On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:37:50 -0700, "'Will Hart' willhart@... [hplovecraft]" <hplovecraft@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > The New Annotated H. P. Lovecraft, edited by Leslie S. Klinger
      >

      > Is Coming Soon to a Book Shelf Near You!
      >

      > See all the details and images on the CthulhuWho1 dot com blog at:
      >

      > http://cthulhuwho1.com/2014/08/30/the-new-annotated-h-p-lovecraft-edited-by-
      > leslie-s-klinger/
      >

      > And Thank You to Everyone that has been part of the over 2.3 million views
      > of my sites listed below!
      >

      > Will Hart
      >
      > aka CthulhuWho1
      >

      > Curator of:
      >
      > The Lovecraft Flickr Collections (now over 3700 images!) at:
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/cthulhuwho1/collections/
      >
      > The CthulhuWho1 blog at: http://cthulhuwho1.com
      >
      > And The CthulhuWho1 YouTube Channel at:
      > http://www.youtube.com/user/CthulhuWho1