Something for TWERPS: Rob Liefeld (a little long)

  • Michael David Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2006
      I found this in one of my notebooks for something I was going to work
      on called "TWERPS Bunch `O Stuff", a small little TWERPS fanzine.
      Never got around to it. I did decide to type this up to share my
      first "official" TWERPS fan work. The characters are slightly more
      powerful than the characters in TWERPS: ROB LIEFELD, but I was going
      for a certain feel. There is no challenge to Doc on copyright-I'm
      just playing with his rules.

      Enjoy!

      FOR TWERPS: ROB LIEFELD (By Dr. Garry M. Weinberg)

      PROJECT: GLADIATOR

      Officially Project Gladiator does not exist.

      Project: Gladiator (aka The Project) is a program by the US
      Government to create metahumans. After the disappearance of most of
      the supers of "the Silver Age" in 1975, the Project was created to
      develop replacements under government control. Many sources of powers
      have been developed including genetic experimentation, bioware,
      cyberware, high technology reverse engineered by the gadgeteers of
      the Silver Age, and other rarer, individual sources of research.

      Gladiator subjects often join teams coordinated for maximum public
      exposure and balance. They are presented as independent teams, but
      each group has a handler to curb the more extreme elements. In times
      of crisis huge teams can be mobilized. Some, of course, go rogue. And
      not all metas are created by the ProjectÂ…

      GAMMA SQUAD

      Gamma Squad is one of the younger teams created by the Project. It is
      based currently in Chicago.

      TEAM ROSTER

      PHILADEPHIA: ST 7; Teleport, Telekinesis, Born Leader, Pose
      Enigmatically

      Philadelphia is the leader of Gamma Squad. He is a subject of a
      recreation of the infamous Philadelphia Experiment, and is one of the
      saner survivors of the journey. His superiors chose him to lead
      because of his leadership ability and to keep him away from finding
      the truth about the Project and his link to the Silver Age. He wears
      a simple black bodysuit, eschewing something fancier. {Philadelphia's
      powers all manifest a green aura when being used.

      BULWARK: ST 5; Super Strength, Regeneration

      Bulwark is the quick healing strongman of the Gamma Squad. He is
      often the man that starts punching the bad guys when Philadelphia
      gives the world. Bulwark plays the part of the wisecracking big man,
      but he really wants to be a teacher. His musculature is supremely
      ripped. He is seven feet tall and wears a modified Gamma Squad
      jumpsuit designed to withstand his strength.

      LADY STEEL: ST 6; Cyborg x2 (Armor, Sensor, Strength, Gun), Hot, Pose
      Reflectively

      Lady Steel is a former FBI Agent who was injured during a battle
      between Lightning Force and super powered soldiers of the Triac
      Empire. She was rebuilt using experimental cybernetics based on the
      notes of the gadgeteer known as Steel Sanderson. Her FBI training
      aided in her recovery, but she still regrets the loss of her
      humanity. She is close to Sifu and has a mad crush on Philadelphia.
      Lady Steel is a severely beautiful woman with obvious cybernetic
      parts.

      ARCWELD: ST 5; Flight, Energy Blast

      The teen heartthrob of the Gamma Squad, Arcweld is a mutant from
      California recruited by Project Gladiator. His arcweld is a blast of
      plasma that can melt steel or can propel him through the air. The
      main reason he was recruited was the fact his father is a powerful
      Hollywood movie mogul. Arcweld used to be a spoiled brat, but is
      beginning to realize that such an attitude can get him killed real
      quickly.

      SIFU: ST 7; Extra Attack, Iron Will, Living Weapon, Pose Enigmatically

      Sifu claims to be the last practitioner of a martial arts style known
      only as the Thunder Fist. He also claims to be over 300 years old.
      Sifu looks like a fit Oriental man in his late 20s wearing loose
      fitting clothes. He is inordinately fond of enigmatic phrases and
      appearing behind people mysteriously. Sifu joined the Gamma Squad for
      reasoned known only to him.

      DEATHBLADE: ST 6; Super Speed, Blade Master, Pose Seductively

      Deathblade has known Philadelphia for years, and doesn't care for him
      all that much. Deathblade is convinced that he would have been a far
      better choice to lead Gamma Squad. Super speed and prowess with
      bladed weapons make him a dangerous foe able to slice a man apart is
      seconds. He is a strikingly handsome and charismatic fellow, adept
      with wooing the ladies and being everybody's friend. He is also a
      borderline sociopath, a metahuman the Project is very worried about.

      RAPTRESS: ST 5; Feral, Super Agility, Hot

      Raptress was an experimental subject of the Moreau Society, a group
      of scientists experimenting on merging animals and man into composite
      beings. (The Project also funds the Society). She was released by the
      Lightning Squad and recruited by the Project soon afterwards.
      Raptress retains much of her human intellect and is still quite the
      student. She is prone to go beserk in battle, however. She remains a
      beautiful woman, with luxurious black hair and light green scales,
      similar to snake skin.

      STEVEN MORIARTY: ST 5; Special Agent (Project: Gladiator)*,
      Detective*, Pistol, Laptop

      Steven Moriarty is the current Project handler for the Gamma Squad.
      Steve is one of the newer handlers to come out of the Project in
      recent years. He is rather amiable for a government employee, willing
      to listen to several alternatives before making his decisions. He
      refers to Philadelphia in most situations but is no pushover. Steven
      gets along well with most of the team, though he thinks Deathblade is
      a psychopath. He is quietly falling in love with Raptress. Oh, in
      case you are wondering, he is a descendant of THE Moriarty, his
      thrice great-uncle in fact.

      *Professions used here are from The T.W.E.R.P.S. Files campaign book.

      Yours,

      Mike David Jr.
    • witchhunter325
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
        Great stuff Michael!! If you have any other TWERPS stuff that you
        were going to put in your fanzine, we'd love to see it.

        Doc

        --- In howtodoeverything@yahoogroups.com, "Michael David Jr."
        <madavid13@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > similar to snake skin.
        >
        > STEVEN MORIARTY: ST 5; Special Agent (Project: Gladiator)*,
        > Detective*, Pistol, Laptop
        >
        > Steven Moriarty is the current Project handler for the Gamma Squad.
        > Steve is one of the newer handlers to come out of the Project in
        > recent years. He is rather amiable for a government employee,
        willing
        > to listen to several alternatives before making his decisions. He
        > refers to Philadelphia in most situations but is no pushover.
        Steven
        > gets along well with most of the team, though he thinks Deathblade
        is
        > a psychopath. He is quietly falling in love with Raptress. Oh, in
        > case you are wondering, he is a descendant of THE Moriarty, his
        > thrice great-uncle in fact.
        >
        > *Professions used here are from The T.W.E.R.P.S. Files campaign

      • Michael David Jr.
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
          Thanks for the compliment, Doc! I have some fantasy monsters and a
          selection of TWERPS Superdudes based of the comics, but I'll have to
          brush these up later. I will try to do more in the future.

          Yours,

          Mike David Jr.

          --- In howtodoeverything@yahoogroups.com, "witchhunter325"